Chapter 2

I'm about a week into high school when I text a text from one of the girls I met in chorus on the first day. "Hey Kayla" she says. I texted her back asking her how she doing after a few texts she says she has something to tell me, since I've kinda been hitting on her since I met her i'm afraid that's what this is about. "Kayla i'm trans" she says. I immediately tell him it's fine and I support him but feel scared to tell him that i'm trans because i'm not out to anyone and I like him. I talk to him about what it's like to be trans to make my closeted self feel a little bit less lonely because I've never met anyone trans before. I ask him what his preferred name is and he tells me Kyle. I automatically change his name in my contacts and start calling him by the right name every time I see him.

A few weeks later i'm sitting at the mall with my mom on our day off when I get a text from Kyle. "Hey me, Logan and another friend you never met are all going ice skating today wanna come with ?" I ask my mom if I can go she says ok and and a few minutes later we're driving to the rink. In my head the whole drive I keep thinking who's Logan, Kyle made it seem like I should know him but I don't. My mom pulls into the parking lot and I walk inside the rink to meet up with Kyle and his friends. When I walk in a see Kyle, someone I never met before like he said and Eva the other girl I met in chorus the first day. In my head I start questioning if Eva is trans but I don't want to say anything and be rude. Kyle introduces me to Ryan who is non binary and we seem to get along pretty well right away. For the rest of the afternoon we skate around the rink, talk and have a lot of fun as we're leaving Eva pulls me aside. "Uh Kayla, there's something I want to tell you I haven't told really anyone about this I told Kyle I would tell you before he invited you but he chickened out but because of how good you've been with Kyle I figured I'd tell you now i'm trans to and I go by Logan." I hug Logan and tell him that it's ok and that if he needs anything i'm here for him. 

Later that night I sit in my bed thinking about how I have two trans friends that were strong enough to come out to me but I still can't come out to them or anyone for that matter will I ever build up the strength to show the world who I truly am.