Chapter 71: After Prom

Start from the beginning

"One shot," Sugar began to count as she walked towards the bathroom. "Two shots... Three shots... Four and floor..." She stumbled onto the ground and Shana cackled.

"Stop playing around," Kitty said. "I need to find Bree."

"Don't freak out," Shana said, looking out the window. "But I'm pretty sure we're in Las Vegas."

"What?" Kitty asked as Sugar shrieked, "Awesome!"

***

Ryder was awakened by the ringing of his phone. He'd heard it multiple times over the morning but didn't pick up until it was Julie's ringtone. 

"What's up?" he said numbly as he answered. He listened for a few seconds as she rambled on senselessly, and finally got a chance to say, "Wait, you said you're where?"

"What's going on?" mumbled Jake as he came out of the bathroom. He had been awake for a few minutes now, but didn't want to wake Ryder up, as he wished he himself was sleeping.

"Wait, you're here?" Ryder said, sighing with disappointment. "Check outside the window dude."

"Holy shit," said Jake. "Vegas? Are you fucking with me right now, Ryder?"

"Ok, we're here, too," said Ryder into the phone. "What hotel are you at?" As Julie responded, he reached for the stationary on the end table and sighed with relief. "Great, same here," he said. "Let's meet down in the lobby in ten minutes alri-- Hmm..? Why do you need clothes..?" He paused for a second and Jake watched him with confusion. "Then what are you wearing now?"

"Dude, at least warn me if you're going to start having kinky conversations so I can leave the room," Jake complained.

Ryder shook his head and into the phone said, "Ok we'll get that for you and meet you in your room them... Umm, looks like Jake... Hmm? Yeah.... Alright, see you soon."

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"No idea," Ryder admitted. "It looks like we somehow flew ourselves to Vegas last night. I don't know man, I don't remember a thing."

"I..." Jake began. "Me either... The last thing I remember is being at Sugar's house and singing and drinking and everything else is just blurred out."

"We were in Sugar's house?" Ryder responded, rubbing his temples. "Man, this is insane. All I can remember is fighting with Julie but that happened during prom."

"Ok, well, let's meet up with her then and see what we can figure out," Jake said.

"She's with John," Ryder told him as he stood from the bed. "And they apparently don't have any clothes."

Jake raised an eyebrow. "Umm..." he mumbled. "That's something..." Ryder nodded and began getting ready to head out.

***

Just as Marley was getting started on all the homework she had lined up for the weekend, her mother came into the kitchen with a stern expression. "Honey," she began, "Mr. Schuester wants to talk to you."

"Is he on the phone?" Marley asked her mother, confused.

Millie shook her head. "They want me to drive you to school," she answered.

"They?" Marley responded.

***

When Jake and Ryder were heading out, they heard a loud thud in the closet. "Please don't be a baby," Jake pleaded as they walked towards it.

"Or a tiger," Ryder added.

"I'd rather a tiger than a baby," Jake told him. Ryder gave him a look before reaching for the door know and pulling the door open. Inside, Harmony was rubbing her head and looking up at them doe-eyed.