18. Going after you

[Unedited]

I got back to what I call home, in minutes, only to be greeted by a smashed up house.

It resembled the aftermath of a tornado. Everything was tipped upside down or on its side and their was a gaping hole in the wall.

Kol was stood in the middle of the living room with bloody knuckles and a plain look on his face. There was not one emotion in his eyes.

I slammed the front door shut and he turned to look at me with the most blank expression I've ever seen. And I swear I heard my heart crack just a little.

"What are you doing Kol?" I asked in a whisper.

"You went home with that guy. I'm just going to assume you slept with him."

"What? No I drank his blood and then made him leave." I said, trying to keep it simple, not wanting to push him.

He nodded and looked away.

"I bet you slept with that girl you were dancing with." I said.

"No, I wasn't in to it." he said.

"I saw you smiling." I stated, frowning.

"You were watching me?" he asked, a glint in his eyes.

"I just scanned the grill and saw you." I said rushed as my cheeks reddened.

"I didn't sleep with her. She was just a distraction." He said.

"A distraction? From what?" I asked confusedly.

"Lets watch a film." he said, changing the subject.

"At half three in the morning?"

"Yeah, why not?" he replied, walking over to the dvd rack.

"What about the mess?" I asked, while turning the sofa up the right way.

"I'll get some cleaners in later on." he said.

He chose a dvd and put it in the dvd player and came and sat down next to me.

"So?" I started, "You switched your humanity off?"

He swallowed, "No. Klaus only thought I did because I was trashing the place."

I nodded, relief flooding through me. I looked at the tv and then I turned my head to look back at Kol, "Frozen? I love this film."

He just smirked in return.

"Ive got to admit, Elsa's right, you really shouldn't marry a man you just met." I said.

"Yeah, but what if it's love at first sight." he said with a smile.

"I don't believe in it." I replied.

He just nodded in return.

We watched the rest of the film in silent when I thought I heard Kol say 'Going after you'. Not understanding what he meant I let it slide.

Its was only later while I was laying in bed did I realise what he meant.

"A distraction? From what?" I asked.

To which he had whispered the answer while watching Frozen.

"Going after you."

It has been forever. I know its short but I had to get something out. I wont be updating until January, possibly late December. My phone has gone dodgy and im getting a new one at Christmas, so hopefully the updates will come quicker, I am so sorry to have to do this to you guys. Thank you for being patient.

-Kelly x