Protective

Spencer stands slightly in front of you, the way he always does in the event of a standoff. The one time you asked why, Spencer told you that he wanted to be ready to protect you. Of course, you think it's ridiculous — you can hold your own — but Spencer doesn't hesitate.

"Just drop the gun, Roberts, and we can talk about this," Spencer bargains. "Tell me where you're keeping the hostages."

The team is still in pursuit of you and Spencer's location. You pressed the button on your pager to signify that you and Spencer were in need of backup, but it was taking them a while because they were all at different sites.

"If I drop this gun, I want to pick up the pretty thing behind you," Roberts drawls grossly.

Your stomach turns. Not that you haven't seen this before or had unsubs make unwanted comments, but it's never pleasant.

"Drop the gun. Now," Spencer articulates. You can always tell when the unsubs strikes a nerve with him, because he speaks sharper and much more harshly. Honestly, you still haven't figured out if it scares you or turns you on.

Maybe a little of both?

Not the time, you tell yourself.

"I'm not going to negotiate with you," Roberts rejects Spencer. "I'll talk to her."

"No."

"Spence," you whisper, your hand gently pressing against his back. "It's okay. I have a vest, too."

Spencer steps aside to let you make your appearance. Your unsub smiles a nasty, tooth-void smile.

"Damn, I'd sure let you put me in handcuffs," he comments.

"Don't worry, one way or another, I will," you reply. "Where are the girls, Mr. Roberts?"

"I could show you, but only if you agree to stay," Roberts offers. "I'd let all of them go for just one night with you."

"Shut up!" Spencer yells. His interjection raises tensions in the room. Roberts's trigger finger is ready to squeeze at any given moment; the pad of it against the trigger is white, as well as his knuckles.

"Jealous, are we?" Roberts taunts.

"Mr. Roberts," you call. He faces you. "If you drop the gun, you can have me all to yourself for a while. I'll make it worth your time."

"Y/N, what the fuck are you -"

Roberts's face lights up. "Deal, sweetheart."

He tosses the gun to the ground, and immediately, you move into action, making quick work of handcuffing him.

"Your hands feel so good," he murmurs. You have to stop yourself from gagging.

You allow another car to escort him to the BAU for interrogation, which you'll be conducting, in order to gain some answers. Mentally, you're preparing yourself to put up with some slimy comments, and to put out some grade A acting.

Spencer approaches you. "What the fuck?"

"What?" You ask.

"You realize that he can pin you for lying and get us in trouble, right?" He urges.

"Spencer, I didn't lie," you tell him. "I'm doing the interrogation. Technically, we'll be alone. Just with you on the other side of the glass."

"Oh, no," Spencer forbids. "No. Absolutely not. There is no way I'm letting you in there by yourself. Do you have any idea what he could do to you? He's like, three times your size!"