Chapter 15: The Beginnings of Iron Man's Journey

Happy Holidays Guys! This is part of the Christmas Update! Enjoy...

I do not own Iron Man or Percy Jackson.

Takes place during Iron Man 1

Time: 0:55:33 - 0:59:22

Tony's Age: 26 years old

Percy's Age: 40 mentally, wolf body 4 (thought to be 7 and a half years old--aging slowly)

Tony seemed to finally be done with the boots, at least to his liking, for he had U, another one of his robots made after his parents deaths, recording him experimenting with the flight capabilities of the boots with Dum-E on standby with the fire extinguisher.

I was by Dum-E, prepared to run for Pepper in case Tony needed any medical help because while he was a certified genius, he could be an idiot at times.

I watched Tony stand in the middle of the testing platform with my heart beating madly in my chest and had to refrain myself from pulling his pants until he stumbled off of the pad that would record sensory and environmental input from the boots as they flew.

Laying down in order to restrain myself from outright grabbing Tony, I told my overprotective tendencies that arose since he was kidnapped that this was just like any other time he experimented. That while some things could go wrong, Tony was smart and knew how to make sure his machines didn't impact any sort of malfunction that could end with either of them being hurt.

"Okay, activate hand control," Tony said as he started to prepare himself for possible flight.

"We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if 10% thrust capacity achieves lift. And three, two, one," Tony said and pressed the button.

Instantly, I leapt off my feet and went toward Tony who had been thrown into the slanted roof that was nearby as the thrust lift was far too high.

I licked his face and whined as he groaned, and could smell the hurt that he was in and then the annoyance as we were both doused by Dum-E.

I Whined low in my throat and felt Tony set the controls to the side and just pet my head while he closed his eyes and groaned in pain.

Whining, I nudged his shoulder and felt him sigh and slowly start to stand up.

"Cut rolling, U," Tony said as he grabbed his desk in order to steady himself and I was right beside him, ready to catch him should he stumble.

Tony collapsed into his seat and started to fumble off the boots that technically achieved flight for him, but certainly needed to be lowered in thrust capacity.

I set my head on his knee in concern and he graced me with a soft smile. "I'm fine boy," he said as he pet my head slowly with one hand while the other was getting the boots off. "Just a few bruises, and I'm certain I don't have a concussion. I'll be alright, no need for concern."

Huffing and refraining from shaking my head at the disregard he had over his own health, I told myself that if he wasn't going to be concerned, then I would be concerned for him.

With the boots now off, Tony seemed to have that look in his eyes that he was about to go into 'Lab-Mode' as I called it, where the environment around him and his own health took second over his lab work.

Sighing and promising myself that when it got late I would drag him out, I laid beside his desk as he started working on the computer and the coding for the boots to make them more safe and more stabilized for flight.