chapter 3

Chapter 3

It wasn't a long drive from Broad Ripple to downtown Indianapolis. I headed straight down Meridian Street. I love to take this way home. I loved the old mansions that aligned the street. One day I would love to live on this street. I drove home trying to wrap my head around the events of last night and this morning.

I was ever more curious about Mr. Shawn. Why shouldn't he talk to me? And how did he get my number? He probably called his phone with mine while I was passed out in his bed.

What I wouldn't do to be in his bed right now with him lying next to me. And those dark eyes and hair. I think he may be Hispanic. Either way, he is sexy. But strange. And why do I have to wait until later on this week before I can speak with him? I guess I will have to ask him some questions when he does call.

I pulled into my garage. If I was paying attention, I would have noticed the car outside of my house. I walked into my house, dropped my purse and keys on the floor, and kicked off my shoes. I smell bacon. Oh no. I walked to the kitchen.

"Damnit, Ian. What the hell are you doing here," I said. I was not expecting to see him here in my kitchen. He turned around. He was wearing nothing but sweatpants. His chest was completely bare. God his abs were beautiful.

"I have a key. Remember. And besides. Where the hell were you. I left the bar and saw your car outside. But you were nowhere to be found. I figured you probably caught a cab, but when I got here, you weren't." he said angrily.

"A friend took me back to his place," I said rubbing my nose.

"You are lying Alisha. You always rub your damn nose when you are lying. So who the hell took you home,"

"Well... He's actually not a friend. I met him outside of the bar. I was too trashed to drive. I was vomiting all over the place. He saw me outside and took me home." I blurted out. I stood there and waited for the fireworks. I looked at Ian's face and knew this was going to be a huge argument.

"So you went home with a stranger because you were drunk? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Hold up. What the hell is your problem? Yeah, it was stupid. I know. But I am safe at home. So calm down," I yelled.

"Stupid doesn't even explain what it was. And stop acting like this is not a big deal. Yeah, you are safe now, but what if this guy was a psycho. You could have been hurt. You can't just go home with whom the hell ever. That's what whores' do." he yelled back.

"Don't you dare try to lecture me, Ian Davis? You go and sleep with anything that has huge tits, a big ass, and a vagina. So if I chose to fuck anyone, it is my choice," I argued.

"First off I am a man. It is in my nature to stick my penis in vaginas. Secondly, you are a woman. Do you know how bad it looks that you are doing the walk of shame?"

"Ok asshole. Is that your only argument? That you are a man? Boy boo. And I never had sex with him, just so you know." I turned and stormed out of my kitchen. Ian was fuming mad. But I didn't care. My head was hurting and I needed to lie down. I stomped down the hall to my room, when my guest bedroom door opened.

"What the hell are you two arguing about?" Mark asked. What the hell!

"UUGGH. YOU ARE HERE TOO. I SWEAR TO GOD IAN I AM TAKING MY HOUSE KEY BACK," I yelled.

"OH SHUT UP AND GO SLEEP OFF YOUR HANGOVER," Ian yelled from the kitchen. I pushed Mark out of the way leaving him dumbfounded. I went into my room, plopped down on my bed, and went to sleep.

"So he didn't try anything," Brittney asked.

"I guess not. I woke up in nothing but my panties. But he reassured me that nothing happened." I said.

We were sitting around my living room eating pizza and drinking beer. Well, they were drinking beer. I couldn't stomach the stuff. Mark and Brittney had stayed all day. But Ian left after I went to my room. He was really mad at me. He always seems to get like that whenever I meet a new guy. Oh well. He can kiss my ass after the way he acted today.

"Well, when are you going to see him again?" Mark asked. "Because you need to get laid. And quick. You have been very moody." he laughed

"Gee thanks, Mark. I am not sure exactly. I have to wait for his call I think. He said he will call me later this week. After he said he shouldn't be seeing me at all. I wonder what he meant by that." I explained to them.

"Hmmm. A mystery man. I love it!" Brittney laughed.

"I got your mystery right here," Mark said. He bit down on Brittney's neck making her moan.

"You two are sick. Look but seriously guys. Don't mention this at my parent's house tomorrow. The last thing I need is my mom making a scene because I was being irresponsible." I pleaded with them.

"Don't worry we won't say anything. But it's not us you need to worry about," Mark said.

"I know. I will talk to Ian. I am just too mad at him right now."

It was almost midnight when I finally called Ian.

"I am sorry for how I reacted. I shouldn't have yelled at you. It's just the thought of if something were to happen to you..." he said through the phone.

"I know. And I am sorry for yelling at you. And you can keep my key." I said.

"Good. I wasn't giving it back anyway. And don't worry. I won't tell your mom about you acting your hair color," he laughed.

"Hey. I like being a natural blond. And we won't tell her you have angry black man syndrome," we both laughed. We said our goodnights and hung up the phone. My friends are a little crazy, but I love them.

It was now Friday. Almost a week has gone by without me hearing from Shawn. But I was surprised when he called me when I left the office.

"How have you been?" he asked. I have been dying waiting to hear from you.

"I have been good. Busy with work," I said

"Any plans tonight?"

"Not really. I was just going to stay home and read up on my case." I said.

"So you are a lawyer huh? Interesting. Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner. Maybe St Elmo's."

"I love that place. Sure. What time?"

"Let's say 8. I have a reservation already set up for us," he said smugly.

"Oh, so you already knew I was going to say yes?"

"Yes I did." he chuckled. "I have to go. I will see you tonight," he said as he hung up the phone.

"Ok bye," I said. But he wasn't there. Man, he is strange. But I can't wait to get to hang out with him tonight.