chapter 6

"I'm so glad we came," my cousin Jessica said.

We were all sitting in our chairs getting pedicures. Jessica was to my right. Brittney and Angela were to my left. I was relaxing, but I couldn't help thinking about Shawn. Maybe I will call him later.

"Me too, but I have to go to the restroom," Angela said.

"I will go with you. I have to go too," Brittney said.

"So I hear you have a new man I'm your life," my cousin Jessica said.

"I swear Angie has a big mouth," I groaned.

"Actually I heard it from Ian. He called me last night. Asked if I wanted to hangout. God, his is so cute," Jessica said.

"He asked you out," I said. The anger in my voice surprises not only Jessica but me too.

Why should I be surprised that Ian asked out Jessica? We all have been friends since we attended Carmel High School. Not to mention Jessica is very attractive. She was petite, with a brick house body. And beautiful red hair that flowed down her back. She was definitely Ian's type.

"Don't get all mad. He spent most of the time talking about you," she smiled at me.

"He did?"

"Yes. I think he likes you. He wasn't too happy that you went out on a date with.." She waved her hand in the air waiting for me to say his name.

"His name is Shawn," I mumbled. My family can be so nosey. My phone started to ring. It was my sister Aria.

"Hey, sis. How are you" I spoke softly into the phone?

"This bitch is crazy," she yelled on the phone.

"What bitch? Who are you talking about? What's wrong?" I questioned her. My sister rarely cussed.

"Stacy. This bitch has some nerve. She just called me and told me that she is in love with Ben and that he loves her."

"She said what? That whore!" I yelled on the phone.

"Who is a whore? Who are you talking to? Angela asked as she and Brittney came back from the restroom.

I placed my finger over my lips for her to be quiet. But she wasn't listening. She came and snatched my phone from my hand and placed it on speaker.

"Then this slut said that she wanted me and my spoiled child out of the picture because we make Ben so unhappy," Aria growled on the phone. I could feel her anger and hurt through the phone.

"That bitch said what?" Angela yelled on the phone. "Tell that trailer trash, crystal meth using hooker that we will come down there and beat her ass on some gangster Shit!"

"Angela, please. Gangster? You grew up in white suburbia!" I laughed.

"I don't give a....." I snatched my phone back before she could finish.

"Shut the hell up before you get us kicked out of here," I scolded her.

"What the hell ever Lee." she snapped at me.

"Is that Angela?" Aria asked.

"Yes," I sighed. Angela can be a complete spitfire when it comes to family.

"Yes, it's me. And Brittney, and Jessica," Angela said.

"Really? Where are you guys?" Aria asked.

"At the spa," I said.

"Phillipes?" Aria whined. "Without me?"

"We would have waited for you but the lawyer over here has some major tumbleweed issues." Angela laughed.