Chapter 2: The 15th Century Called They want Their Chauvinistic Sexist Back

*Flashback*

"That looks nice."

"I still think the other one looks better."

"What do you think Soo Hyun?" So min, my best friend, asked me.

But I wasn't listening to anyone. If anything, as much as I was there physically, I was not there emotionally or mentally.

I still couldn't believe that I was getting married in 3 weeks. To someone I didn't know.

My mother decided it was a good day to go wedding dress shopping and I thought it would only take maybe half an hour. But 2 hours and 14 dresses later, I still didn't have the "perfect" dress.

Frankly speaking, I didn't care what I wore. I could wear pyjamas for all I cared. It's not like I wanted to be there in the first place.

"Soo hyun!"

"Huh? Yeah?"

"The dress. What do you think?"

"It's fine. Just like the other 13. Seriously guys just pick something. I'm fine with anything."

"A ball gown?" My mom asked.

I was tempted to say hell no. But I chose not to. Instead I look her in the eye and smile.

"Whatever makes you happy, eomma," I said. "You've already decided what I should do with my life; what's a mere dress in comparison?" I muttered to myself.

"Why don't you try the next one?" Eomma suggested. I just nodded my head weakly.

After trying on the 15th dress, I stepped out of the dressing room.

So Min and Eomma just looked at me in awe.

"That bad?"

Ignoring me completely, Eomma said" That's it! That's the one."

"I agree," So Min added.

*End of Flashback*

"Soo hyun, you look so beautiful," eomma said, hugging me.

"Thanks Eomma."

"I'm so proud of you," she patted my cheek.

She took both Taehyung and my hand and placed them together.
"You two make a beautiful couple."

Taehyung smiled politely at my mother and said a thank you.

"I heard you're still in college," Taehyung started the conversation.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" I said; my tone challenging.

"No. But just so you know, you don't need to even bother studying because it's not like you even need to work. I make enough money for both our families."

"So you want me to be a housewife?" I asked. There was nothing wrong, in my opinion, with being a housewife. Granted that it's a person's choice to be one. I didn't believe in being forced to be anything.

"At the end of the day, every woman should be a housewife. Don't you think."

I felt myself burn with fury and I took in deep breaths to calm down.

My problem wasn't the prospect of being a home executive, it was tough in it's own right. My problem was him expecting me to be one.

I pretended to hand Taehyung my cellphone and he just looked at me in confusion.