Chapter 1 : Is It The Start Or The End?

Start from the beginning

"I guess everything is set then," my Dad said.

"Yes it is. I guess I should be leaving now. It was great meeting you dear," Mr Kim shook my father's hand before leaving.

"What's going on?"

"You're getting married to Mr Kim's son," Mom informed me and I burst out into uncontrolled laughter.

After having calmed down, I wiped away a tear that formed during my laughter.
"Great joke eomma. It's your turn dad."

"Soo Hyun, your mother is right. Your marriage has been set."

"Come on Dad, the joke isn't funny if it's repeated. Think of something else."

"We are not joking."

"What do you mean you're 'not joking'?" I asked finger quoting them.
"I can't get married, I'm still in university. And besides that, how can I marry a guy I don't even know?"

"I'm sorry honey but it's what's best for the family. The Kim's wanted to buy out your father's company and become majority shareholders. We couldn't let that happen. But you know your father is in debt so if this happens the company still belongs to your father but will eventually be passed on to the Kim's . It's a business deal everyone wins in."

"Everyone but me. This is my entire future you're putting on the line. You're going to marry me off to some stranger because it's profitable for the business?"

"He won't be a stranger. You'll meet him before the wedding."

"That obviously doesn't matter because clearly I'll still have to marry him."

"Honey it's the right thing for you to do. You can't let us down."

"Oh no. It would be absoultely sinful to let my parents down but they can ruin my life all they want," I hoped my sarcasm was evident.

"We're not ruining your life. Mr Kim's son is  a great match. He's taking charge of the business now. He's rich and very handsome."

"Mother, he can be the sexiest man alive but how can I marry someone I don't love or trust or even know?"

"Soo Hyun, your father and I have done so much for you. This is the least you can do for us."

"I don't know if you're forgetting this one simple fact but I didn't ask to be born so you can't pull that card on me."

"If you have no care for the business that's fine but at least think about your father's health." My gaze softened at the mention of my father's deteriorating health.
"He's not in a position to be working as hard as he used to. Neither is the stress of all of this good for him. Please Soo Hyun, do this for us. We're sorry."

"I wish you'd atleast asked me first," I sighed.
"When is the wedding?" I asked accepting defeat in the matter.

"In a month."

*end of Flashback*

My mother was right. I did meet the supposed groom before the wedding. But only once. And from that first meeting I decided that I had a seething hatred for the handsome man, Kim Taehyung . Not only because he agreed to the marriage but also because he was a pompous and arrogant asshole.

"Congratulations," the word came again from another guest.

I was tempted to snap and say: What are congratulating me for? My own ruination?

I chose to bite my tongue and politely smile instead. It was the safer choice. After all my parents and in laws were watching.

"Stop looking so pained. It's supposed to be a joyful day for you. I mean you got to marry me and save your father's business all on one day. So smile; whether it's fake or real, I don't care. Just do it," Taehyung whispered in my ear, making the scene itself look intimate to the guests but only we knew what his words were.

"I am pained, Mr hot shot. But I'll try my best to fake my happiness for the rest of my life." I whispered back sarcastically.

"That's all I'm asking for."

I took in a deep breath and reminded myself that I would not look good in prison. That was momentarily enough to make me calm down.

____________________________________________

New arranged marriage ff. I hope you like it.
Please tell me your views. I will probably unpublish it soon so I can work on it.
I'll republish it when I have more chapters.