Part One - The Woods

It was a peaceful night so far. An owl lazily hooted, a chorus of crickets chirped, the cool wind whistled through the trees and blew leaves in spiral motions though the air.

Then, a leaf crunched, caused by a step, and suddenly all was quiet.

"Shoot!" Lenny, the vampire hunter, said under his breath, since he knew very well vampires have superb hearing, and could probably hear a pin drop a mile away if it was quiet enough.

He was headed to the house where the vampire was, to kill it.

Spying the house in the distance, he made a silent dash for the porch, avoiding any crisp leaves in his step. He stepped silently onto the porch, being careful for any squeaky boards. He saw the door hanging wide open, barely clinging to the hinges. Adjusting his belt of weapons, he stepped inside the house.

It was dark, almost pitch black, except for some moonlight streaming through some windows upstairs. He took a breath, but immediately exhaled because it was so dusty, and there was a distinct tangent smell of blood. It tickled his nostrils, so he resorted to breathing through his mouth.

He quickly looked up the stairs, thinking he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He concluded it must've been the curtains blowing in the wind, but little did he know the vampire was just up the stairs.

The vampire was crouched just beyond the railing that led up the stairs. He had heard the hunters footsteps coming in the house, and his footsteps coming up the stairs.

He waited for the hunter to finish climbing the stairs, his eyes set steely and a sly smirk forming on his thin red lips.

Lenny stepped up onto the large landing. As his eyes adjusted to the slight change in light, he squinted into the hallway.

To his horror the vampire was right there. He first had a smirk on his face, then in an instant it changed to a almost smooth maniacal smile, that sent a shiver down Lenny's back. The vampire slowly stood up, his eyes never leaving Lenny's.

His breath came in a choked gasp, and he whipped out his gun pointing it at the vampire's chest.

"Don't move," Lenny said coldy. "I've trained with this for years. I know exactly how to use it."

The vampire stood still for a moment, then took a step out of the shadows still with the smile. He took another step closer, coming to stand in front of the window. The moonlight glinted off of his fangs, making them more menacing than ever.

"No funny business!" Lenny growled, tightening his grip on the trigger, his hand slightly shaking, "I came here to KILL you!" He said, losing his patience, his voice shrill. He pulled the trigger, and with a crack, a bullet came flying out, aimed directly at the vampires chest.

Quick as a flash, the vampire snatched the bullet out of the air, glared at Lenny, then crushed it between his fingers, letting the pieces fall to the floor. Lenny, for once, felt faint. His knuckles were turning white because of gripping the gun so tightly. His arms now trembled no matter how hard he tried to calm them. He didn't know why he was so scared, he just, was.

He shook his head, thinking he was going soft, and angrily fired three shots on after the other at the vampire. The vampire dodged them with ease, moving ever so slightly closer to Lenny with every shot.

Lenny looked at the vampires face. It's lips had dropped back to a slight smirk. He could feel it's cold steely eyes burning into his. He suddenly felt paralyzed, unable to move, to do anything. He felt weak and helpless. He felt cold, but his forehead and his palms were sweating. His hands dropped unvoluntarily to his sides and his hands fell open, letting go of the gun. It clattered to the floor as his knees buckled, and he fell into a kneel on the floor. His head began pounding, and his vision began to blur.

Lenny was about to move his arms, and and he lifted them to hold his face and blinked once, it all suddenly turning back to normal. But when he opened his eyes, the vampire was gone. He looked around horrified. He suddenly felt something brush his shoulder, then a deep silvery voice softly whispering into his ear, "You think I'd be that easy to kill? I knew you'd be easy to kill when you first walked in. Just begging to die."

Lenny felt his metal and leather weapon belt torn off as if it was paper, and heard it clatter to the floor. He was unable to move again, and felt a cold, strong hand pressing around his neck, the circulation being cut off. But still he felt paralyzed, cold with fear, unable to do anything. He felt a cold blade tauntingly running up his back until it stopped, and was plunged right below his heart. He fell to the floor, feeling his warm blood pool around him. He looked up once more just in time to see the vampires pale and smirking face before everything turned black.