𝕴 - dreams of another land

-

𝕮𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖙 upwards, her mind breaking away from the unknown and her head smashing on the bed hanging above her

𝕮𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖙 upwards, her mind breaking away from the unknown and her head smashing on the bed hanging above her. She hissed in pain, grabbing her scalp with a deep whine. The lights around her were dimmed and the room was silent, indicating that she should be asleep like everyone else.

She slowed her breaths, grabbing onto her blanket and pulling it closer to her stomach. With adrenaline still pumping throughout her veins, she found that she didn't want to lay back down.

"Nightmare?" A voice drawled out. Christmal attempted to scream in fright but the person's hand clamped down on her mouth, their long nails dragging across her cheek. At the familiar soft scratching, her eyes drooped and she grabbed onto the wrist of the other teen.

"Catra, don't do that," Christmal hissed. "And no. It wasn't a nightmare, who do you think I am?"

"A normal person who has bad dreams once in awhile?" Catra responded, raising an eyebrow. Her tail flicked behind her, and she poked a finger sharply into the chest of her companion. "Your heart is beating pretty fast, what scared you so much then?"

"I'm not scared, idiot."

"Chris—"

"I'm not scared! I was just caught off guard. I didn't expect to have one tonight." Christmal immediately realized what she had said, her head falling onto Catra's shoulder in embarrassment.

"One what?"

"Shut up," Chris groaned, "I hate when you talk with tone."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Catra smirked as she flicked her, before turning her attention back to the first subject. "So, what's this thing you weren't prepared for?"

"It's nothing," she insisted. The room was silent as she paused, before she burst forth with a flurry of information. "I keep having dreams of this place and it's like a big town or something. There's these colorful lights all over the place and everything is covered in this white substance. In the windows they have trees with all this weird stuff on it and they sing songs and- and- and—"

"Okay, chill, it's just a dream," Catra interrupted. She laughed softly, moving her legs to stand up from the mattress. "At least you got it out now."

She sighed when Christmal grabbed her wrist tightly, pulling her back down. "No, you don't understand! I... I don't think it's a dream."

"Chris, that's stupid."

"Harmonic Interlude! It's called Harmonic Interlude and it's real!"

Catra breathed deeply, humming in thought. She looked to Christmal, whose white hair was frizzed from her restless slumber and whose black skin was flushed in desperateness. "Okay, fine, whatever. Just get some sleep, we have training in the morning."

"Thank you."