Questions Unanswered

(Thought you guys would like a close-up of her helm! I tried to draw her smiling, but she always ends up looking rather sassy... Either way it kinda matches the character! :)  )

         "Hey, Arcee!" Smokescreen plodded up to her, a smile on his faceplate, "I'll take your shift for you!"

She looked to him with an amount of confusion.

         "Is this about your phantom 'Con?" she asked with a knowing smirk, a servo to her hip plate.

         "No way," he chuckled, "Totally over that, you guys said so yourself she's either offlined or far away from all this scrap."

Arcee still looked unconvinced.

         "Oh come on, I want to do something for you guys! I can't rise up from just a rookie by simply doing what I'm told. I have better chances if I do more for you guys!"

It was a moment or two before Arcee gave in, and allowed him to go, making a mental note to tell Optimus.

     Drifting down the line, Smokescreen decided to take the route he chose when he saw the femme, skidding to a stop when he neared the exact location. Of course, he saw nothing, and no sign of their encounter yesterday either, so he moved on, through the usual route before finishing, but he didn't go back to base, not yet. Instead the rookie lingered near an oasis, untouched by human hands, except for maybe the few nomads that may or may not come along, though very few there were. He spotted a few of the desert wildlife coming for the provided water, and chuckled when a large lizard bolted from a bush, only to hide in another one. Somehow, he knew that this femme, Megatron's daughter (Y/D) or not, would find him here. He stopped by the running stream connected to the oasis, looking at his reflection and smiled by the smallest bit. At the corner of his optic, he saw something glint just behind his reflection, and instead of looking behind him, he tried to focus on this small glint of light in the water. He watched as this light grew, and the figure came closer, he was all to late when he realized just what it was.

     He turned, and tried to retaliate when the B-2 Spirit came in contact, but he soon found himself being forced to the ground, the feeling of a heavy pede on his chassis. When the dust and sand cleared from his optics, a few blinks later, he realized who it was, and she didn't look all to happy to see him.

         "Why are you looking for me?" she growled, single jagged tooth gleaming in the intense sunlight.

         "Why didn't you offline me yesterday?"

This seemed to catch her off guard as her expression turned to one of surprise.

         "I... uh..." she lifted her pede from his chassis and stepped to the side, "You didn't answer my question." she crossed her arms.

Now that Smokescreen was paying more attention to his current companion, he realized just how much she resembled Megatron... he wondered if he should ask.

          "Only if you answer one of mine first." he offered.

         "What are we, three cycles old? I don't have time for games." She growled and began to walk off.

         "Oh come on, it's only one question," Smokescreen trailed after her.

         "Leave me alone," she warned.

         "It's a simple question," he sang, having to almost jog to keep up with her, despite the fact she was maybe an inch shorter than he was.

The femme stopped, making Smokescreen stumble and almost fall.

         "Fine, then you must answer mine," She stood, quite sure of herself, holding the air of a leader, much like Optimus does, but she had an amount of intimidation that befitted the warmonger Megatron.