Family Betrayal

"Carrier... Carrier... Carrier! ... Carrier!"

         "Yes, yes, I heard you the first million times," the lithe femme chuckled as she turned on the light of her daughter's room, seeing curious green optics, as bright as her own, the only trait that showed, outwardly, that little (Y/D) was hers, "What is it my little energon sweet? You know your Sire needs his rest."

         "I wasn't calling for Sire, I was calling for you."

So matter-of-fact, so like her Carrier. The femmeling not only inherited her Carrier's optics, but her processor as well.

         "Yes, but you woke us both up," she sat at the edge of the smaller berth, and young (Y/D) looked to her favorite silver blanket apologetically, "Now-now," Echoblast wrapped her lither black and red arms around the sparkling, swaddling her in the thin but warm linen, "It's alright, your Sire falls into recharge just as fast as he wakes up.  If you listen, you can hear his rusty gears settle."

Little (Y/D) giggled, knowing that Megatronus was far from rusty. As a gladiator, he couldn't afford that.

         "So," Echoblast wiped away some dust from her sparkling's helm, "what is it you wanted my little heroine."

This silver femmeling thought for a moment, forgetting what her core purpose was in her reason to call for her Carrier. She looked to her blanket, then to the walls, overall bare, aside from a circular window, and a poster of her Sire's fight against Soundwave, who she knew to have actually been her Carrier.

         "I... I forgot..." she covered half her faceplate from embarrassment, peeking at her Carrier, who only smiled softly with tired optics. Sliding her blanket to reveal more of her features, Echoblast sighed.

         "It's okay, we all forget things sometimes."

         "You don't," (Y/D) argued.

         "Of course I do. Just the other day I forgot to tell Professor Shockwave that you weren't feeling well." 

This was only partially true. The knowledgeable femme did forget to inform the cyclops of (Y/D)'s sickness, but he wasn't there to teach the sparkling that day, he was there to speak to Megatronus.

         "Really?" the tiny thing marveled at this fact, having been under the impression that her Carrier was perfect, alas, this idea was brought down from it's pedestal.

         "Yes, really, but you know one thing I never forget?"

(Y/D) shook her helm.

         "No, what?"

     The simple memory was interrupted by a faint tapping, only growing louder as the young femme, now older, woke up from her suspended recharge in the cell. Opening her glaring optics, she saw the somewhat unwelcome sight of Soundwave, who had been tapping on her helm gently, the exact way he used to wake her up from recharge all those years ago. (Y/D) had always hated it. Both remained silent. This wasn't out of hate or any kind of spite, this was a very old game the two hadn't played since (Y/D) was announced offlined. Soundwave lost.

         "You left us."

         "There was nothing moral to stay for," his niece shot back, "Not after Papa-Pax became a Prime."

         "That title should have been-"

         "Look at what he did with the power he does have!"

This caused Soundwave to go quiet again, and (Y/D) continued.

         "Everyone lives under fear, one small mistake is treason, you plan to ruin the lives of an entire species! Carrier saw where this was headed, why can't you?!"

He slapped her.

The first show of violence towards his niece. Soundwave's long digits left scars on her stunned faceplate, and her optics looked back to him in shock of how much he had changed since Echoblast died.

         "Your Carrier was murdered by the Autobots," He released his mask, showing his bright green optics, long since a secret, ordered to hide them by Megatron because the hue reminded him far to much of Echoblast, "She never left us, or the Decepticon cause."

         "You're right," (Y/D) said in a whisper, doing her best not to cry, "She never left the Decepticon cause, the original Decepticon cause. That's only part of Megatron's lie!"

Soundwave's anger was apparent in those flaming green optics that glared at the only true relative he had left, and he realized in his own processor that (Y/D) was to far gone to bring back, not the (Y/D) he knew. Placing the visor back on with a click, hiding his features once more from the masses, Soundwave played the recording.

         "|: If she doesn't comply through persuasion :|" Megatron's voice stated, "|:Offer the life of the new experiment. :|"

         "Leave Smokescreen alone," the hanging femme demanded, "He has given you no reason to kill him!"

         "He is an Autobot," Soundwave turned his backplates to her, "That's all the reason I need. So what will it be?"

She glared for a long while, until Soundwave was sure there was going to be no answer except the silence he himself often gave, and took a step to leave.

         "I'll make my own choice."

     Before he could get to far, (Y/D) swung her pedes to go over Soundwave's helm, locking them so the chains had to be cut for the mech to escape. the TIC failed to take into account that the femme not only had the strength of her Sire, but the smarts of her Carrier. He struggled for a time before deciding to break the chains, freeing (Y/D)'s pedes which allowed her to kick him across the cell. Soundwave alerted the ship of a possible escape, finding his bearings before trying to subdue the flailing femme, who was almost free with one chain to go that held her wrist.

So close, yet so far.

A simple electric shock to force her into stasis was enough to end the fight.

         "I never forget how much my family loves me."

(Okay... yeah, bit of a heart-wrencher)