I Spy...

(Drew it myself! That's you!)

     Smokescreen raced down the empty highway, on his usual, well, not so usual, rounds. He was strictly told not to test his limits, and go slow, but 'slow' is not exactly part of his vocabulary. So there he went, trying to exceed his limit, and coming very close to overheating his engine.

         "WOOHOO!"

The rookie drifted a corner, and in his ignorance of knowing what was around the other side, slammed his breaks, only to run into the sudden wall that blocked his past. He backed away quickly transforming and assuming a battle stance, the possibility of an enemy being the only thought running through his processor.

         "Whoa there tiger," came the unexpected chuckle of a femme, "I don't plan on offlining anyone today."

Smokescreen lowered his fisted servos ever so slightly, and took a moment to look this new faceplate over for a moment.

     This femme was fair, her main color being a light grey, almost white, low bio-lights glowing a dark blue-ish purple. Her model was bulky, but not unflattering, her shoulder plates turning to small spikes. Her optics glowed a bright green, different from most, and quite stunning. She smiled to show a single jagged tooth near her left optic. He stared at her, making her giggle nervously.

         "Sorry... I-I must be pretty-"

         "Yeah..."

        "What?"

Realizing his slight mistake, Smokescreen stuttered, until he found his words again.

         "Uh, um, I'm Smokescreen!" He held out a servo for her to shake, and the new femme looked to him as if he had just asked her to be his sparkmate. This was a first for her. She had never been offered to shake someone's servo before.

         "(Y-Y/D)," She said hesitantly, taking his servo in her own. He took his own away after a firm shake, touching his servo gingerly.

         "That's quite the grip you have there," he commented with a smile.

         "Heh... thanks, I guess you could say that its hereditary." (Y/D) shrugged, and Smokescreen found no suspicion in her statement.

         "So... why are you all the way out here?" He asked after a short pause.

         "I could ask the same of you... Smokescreen?"

The rookie nodded.

         "I'm on perimeter duty for the team!"

         "Ah, Autobot." (Y/D) sighed, quite disappointed.

The mech in front of her didn't seem to notice her tone, nor the sudden turn that showed her departure, he simply followed her like a lost puppy. (Y/D) noticed this sudden companion, and looked to him oddly.

         "May I help you?"

The mech stopped in his tracks, realizing he was following her for no real reason. He fished around his processor for a proper answer, only to find that he had none.

         "Well... uh... Wh-what faction are you from? Or are you neutral?"

The dreaded question. A question (Y/D) tried to avoid at any cost. With a quick 'good-bye', and a half panicked salute, the femme took off in a jet form, sleek and shimmering in the dying Nevada light, a perfect copy of the B-2 Spirit. Smokescreen watched until she disappeared completely, though it didn't take long as she flew well past her physical limit.

     With a sigh, Smokescreen finished his round, and headed back to the Missile Silo, where Ratchet interrogated him severely.

         "You stopped for more then 15 minutes," was the first statement, "What happened?"

         "Nothing... per-say," Smokescreen shrugged, "I mean, I think I made a new friend..."

         "What's that supposed to mean?" Arcee asked from afar, her expression showing that she doubted his statement.

         "Well... it means I met someone-I don't know what faction yet, but I hope to meet her again!"

         |:'Her'?:| Bumblebee asked, Raf nor the others were around, so he was working on stacking some empty energon storage cubes.

         "Yeah! She had these bright green optics that I've never seen the likes of before! Man you should have seen her transform too! She has a B-2 Spirit as an alt!"

The growing crowd stared at him, Bulkhead making his appearence from the hallway, just as skeptical. Smokescreen's smile faded as he realized no one really believed him.

         "What? Is meeting someone new that absurd here on Earth?"

         "It's not that, it's more of who you've described," Ratchet stated, "Though it's a low possibility, you may have just run into Megatron's daughter, (Y/D)."

         "What?" It was Smokescreen's turn not to believe them.

         "The only known Cybertronian with green optics has been Megatron's daughter." Ratchet explained, "A rumor arose that she had been blind, and her optics were replaced, but a more accepted theory is that her carrier had green optics as well, though who that was, is a complete mystery."

         "How come I've never heard of her if you guys know about her so well?"

         "She disappeared well before our arrival on Earth," Arcee spoke up, "Once again rumors and gossip took hold, and there's many different stories. Some say she was kidnapped by Autobot forces, and executed, others say she ran away from her sire's brutality."

Smokescreen was told many different scenarios. One rumor was that she had offlined herself after seeing so many murdered in cold energon by the faction she joined, another was that she had been offlined in a battle, the next being that she was hiding, protected by her sire and his legion of faithful followers. He was surprised at the many horror stories that seemed to surround her name, that graceful, fitting name that he felt he could say over and over and not get tired of it... He sighed and wondered why she had not offlined him.

         "You keep saying she was as bad as Megatron, but then why didn't she take my spark the minute I had crossed her path?"

The others seemed to be lost for words on this particular fact. Bulkhead shrugged, and Bee whirred his answer of not quite knowing himself. Arcee just gave a short explanation of one of the rumors most likely being true, and Ratchet huffed, saying that it might not have been her if Smokescreen was left standing.

     The Rookie did not accept these as valid answers, and decided to set out for clues to this ghost mystery the next morning.

(And here we go! The start of yet another full blown book. I think I have a problem XD)