Chapter 26

Guess who's back

Y/N P.O.V

I was searching for the Excaliburs with Chloe right now. Kiba, Issei and Saji were searching the other side of town right now. We were given these priest outfits to hopefully draw out any exorcists or whoever may have the swords. Though I don't think it's a very good plan. I mean, first of all, we are waiting to get attacked. They might actually end up getting a drop on us and it might not end well. And second, these costumes don't seem very convincing. It's basically just a robe with a hood on. Kinda like those priests from the original assassins creed.

Chloe: How long do we have to do this?

Y/N: Not much longer I hope.

We continued walking with our hands in a prayer formation. Until....

???: Oh look! Poor priests, walking out with no way to defend themselves. This will be easy, hehe....

That voice...... that voice rings to many fucking bells. I turned around and saw Freed motherfucking Sellzan.

Y/N: BullShit....

Freed: Oh heeeeey!!!! It's my best buddy Y/N! How have things been? We haven't talked since you killed me!

Y/N: What the fuck.... no. I killed you Freed. How the hell are you back here!?

Chloe P.O.V

Freed? I looked at the man and while he is an exorcist, he isn't freed. This man didn't have Freeds long white hair. He instead had very short blond hair.

Chloe: Y/N, that isn't Freed

Y/N: What? Look at him, it Freed, is it not?

Y/N P.O.V

What is she talking about? This isn't exactly a good time to be joking around.

Y/N: I killed you once, I'll do it again.

I rushed at him with the Prophets Bane. He stepped to the side and tried to swing his sword at me. I rolled out the way, and sliced at his ankles. He let out a groan of pain, and stumbled a bit. I swung The Prophet at him again, but he blocked it with his sword. Then he pulled out a pistol and pointed it to my head. But then he came flying forward, knocking me down. I looked around and saw that he landed a few feet behind me. And I saw that Chloe had just kicked him in the back. Those are some pretty strong legs, if they are able to send a grown man flying like that.

Y/N: Thanks

I quickly got up and ran back to him. Just as he was about to get up, I  kick his face, knocking him down again.

Y/N: Stay dead this time for me, will ya?

I stepped on his chest, and stuck the end of the Arbiter down his throat. Then I pulled a trigger. It was pretty messy.

Chloe: Y/N....

Y/N: I may have gone a little overboard on that one...

Chloe: No, it's not that. It's just.... that wasn't Freed, ya know...

Y/N: What do you mean?

I looked back at him, and saw, that he was a completely different person.

Y/N: Wait, what? How?.....

He was a man with short hair, and what was left of his face was clearly somebody else.

Chloe: You Okay? I think you should take a break. You have been in action non stop, and it may be getting to you. And I'd hate to see anything happen to you.

What's happening? I know what I saw. But now, he different?

Y/N: You might be right. I don't know what got into me. Must be going a little crazy. Too much has been thrown at me.

Chloe: I agree. I think we should go home now.

Y/N: Yeah...

Chloe: You sure your Okay?

Y/N: Yeah, don't worry about it. Let's get going.

I take one last look at the body. Something is going on. But Chloe might be right. I think I need a break. Plus, I could probably spend some time with Lilly. Then we walk away and head home.

Timeskip

I just got out of the shower. I spent a long time in there, mainly thinking over all the things that has happened to me. Was it all worth it? What am I saying. Of course it is. I got Lilly back, and that alone is enough to make it worth my while. Plus, I got to meet Koneko, and Chloe. And the other ORC members. Even Issei, while still a pervert, is also a pretty nice freind to have. It sucks that most people don't get to see the nice side of him.

I get changed and hop into bed. I pull up the blanket, and see the door open slightly.

Lilly: Y/N?

Y/N: Come in

She opens the door more and comes up to me.

Lilly: I had a bad dream....

Y/N: Aw, man. I have bad dreams sometimes too. I know how it feels. They really suck.

Lilly: Yeah.... is it okay if I stay in here with you?

Y/N: Yeah, no problem.

Lilly: Thank you

She crawls to the other side of the bed and snuggles into the blanket. Is this what having a family feels like? Being there for each other, helping each other when they need it. It's a nice feeling.

Lilly: Goodnight bro

Y/N: Goodnight sis

A/N: I know, it's been a while. But things have been busy, and imma be real with you chief. I barely have time for myself. But please, don't think I have stopped writing my stories. I won't stop until I complete the stories, or at least give them a proper ending. So yeah, just bare with me. I thank you all for sticking by me through all this. Both Og readers and new readers. You guys are all very special to me. I don't know what else I say but..... thanks. I'll see you guys in the next one.