Chapter six: news

I was sweating, panting and frightened as I awoke from my nightmare. It was one of those dreams where you're running down a hallway and it never ends. There was a patterned carpet running along it and there were locked rooms along the sides and each one had someone I knew in it, just staring at me, with no expression on their tilted faces. I don't even know what I was running from. All I remember was watching everyone's tilted, expressionless faces. Every time I thought of it a cold chill ran down my spine.

I checked the time; it was 6:30am, so I decided to head down the stairs. As I walked into the kitchen I could smell something delicious. I walked over to the table and saw a whole buffet laid out on the table. I looked over to mum; she seemed in a cheerful mood today, she was smiling and was cooking some delicious smelling pancakes. I decided not to tell her about my dream; I didn't want to worry her.

I sat down at the table as mum brought over some pancakes. I stared at the buffet in front of me, trying to decide what to eat first. There was cereal, pancakes, poached eggs, dippy eggs, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, porridge, orange juice, apple juice, tropical juice and even some croissants.

'Mm-mm' I said as I went to grab a croissant. Just before I grabbed it mum slapped my hand, 'oww' I said loudly, 'this food isn't for you Loren. It is for our guests'. No fair I said to myself. Eventually I asked who's coming over and mum said 'Jake's family is coming over.' Awesome I thought as I pictured Jake's face when he saw what mum had made. 'So you will have to wait until they get here, then you can start eating. They will be here in about half an hour, so in the mean time you can have a piece of toast.' 'Alright, thanks mum'.

I took my toast upstairs into my bedroom, and ate it on my bed. When I was done I went back onto the computer and printed off some more things about Salvanian Wolf dogs.

I heard a knock on the door. Then I heard mum say 'oh, high Susan, come on in'. I raced down stairs to go and see Jake. When I got down there I saw him standing next to his dad, staring at the ground. He didn't look very happy. He looked up and sad smile on his face. He looked up at his parents; they were busy talking, then he looked at me 'Have you found out anything else?' he whispered quietly to me, 'yep. I'll show you after breakfast'.

We sat down at the table. Jake was next to me, and the parents were next to each other on the other side of the table. While they were all busy talking I asked Jake why he looked so glum. 'Well it's just that- Jake was cut short by mum; rabbling on about something.

After mums' giant lecture I had totally forgotten about what Jake was about to say and instead we started hewing into our Breakfast.

'My breakfast was delicious, thank you, Mrs Oconnellie' said Jake.

<A/N> okay so I didn't editl! this one either. Oh and one more thing.... I'm not really the type to finish a story especially when you are young. So this is all I got up too. But I might add onto it someday if I have the time. I have a few other stories I've currently got my head wrapped around at the moment but hopefully someday soon!