Chapter one: The book

Once upon a time in a small little town called Jarades in the country of New Zealand there was a dog that lived upon a mountain. This wasn't any old dog, this dog was a Salvanian Wolf Dog, but just like any ordinary dog he still had a name, and that name was Scar. He had a scar on his front right paw (hence the name). Everybody says that he is a myth but I believe he is real. I can hear him howling in the silence of the night. The soulless groan that travelled through the thin air of a lifeless nightfall. Seeping through the cracks in my window and worming it's way into my head.

One day I want to try and find Scar and take a picture to prove that he exists. Of course I wouldn't show anyone, it would be there as a keep sake, a reminder for me. That there is more out there than what meets the eye. But there is a bit of a problem with doing that. The mountain that he lives upon is 'out of bounds' because there have been strange things happening up there. Nobody really knows what strange things but we have heard the police talk about some sort of howling. This must be the howling that I've been hearing during the night. I know a fair bit about Scar like that he is very big and has two very big, sharp fanged teeth. I came to know this because...

One day I was studying for a test in the library and as I was looking for a book I saw one book that stood out to me 'Salvanian Wolf Dog'. I took it out and started to read it. It explained that the creature was big, had two big, white, sharp, fanged teeth, it ate meat and fenan berries (fenan berries are poisonous to humans) so I kept on reading until I had to go home.

That night I was lying in bed wondering what to do about Scar. I knew everything there was to know about him but I felt like I was still missing something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm probably not going to be able to sleep until I fill the deep secret that lurked inside of me, so I went and got a glass of warm milk to help me sleep. And the milk sure did the trick! I fell fast asleep after I had finished and wiped the milk moustache off my face.

The next day I spent the whole day thinking about what it could be I missed, I spent before school, recess, lunch and after school searching through that book trying to find what I may have missed and I found that there was a page missing, I must not have noticed it before. Again I spent the night wondering what it could be. So I just did the same as last night and fell fast asleep.

The next day my best friend Jake was at school, he had been on a road trip and now he was back. I told him everything I knew because he believes that Scar is real too. Jake believed every word I said. At recess and lunch I showed him that book I found, I showed him the page that was missing and then we read it. Some of the older kids that thought Scar was a myth laughed and teased us but we just ignored them and moved away. I still wanted to know what's so special on that page that someone had to rip it out. Soon it was night so I did the same thing I've done the past few nights and yet again fell fast asleep