Chapter 5

"Cato, are you awake?" Clove. It's Clove, but she still sounds sad.

"I'm awake. Come on in.." Clove opens the door gently, but she looks down on the floor instead of looking at me.

"What is it Clove?" I quickly get out of my bed and walk over to Clove. She looks up, and I see that she has been crying.

"Clove?" I take another step closer, and now we are only two feet apart.

"Cato, I ... I ..." Clove say before she starts crying again.

For most people who has met Clove, it seems that she can't cry, but just as I have, Clove also has her hidden sides.

"Okay Clove. You don't need to tell if you don't want." I take another step closer, and now we are almost touching each other.

"You know you can tell me everything. We've been best friends for almost ten years, I will not tell anyone."

I'll take another step forward and hugs Clove gently. Clove is leaning against my chest and sobs quietly. I've never seen her like this. Something is very strange.

I know I risk losing Clove completely right now, but I don't want to see her cry.

"Clove, stop crying. I don't wanna see you crying."

"I'm .. I'm sorry .." Clove says.

"No, don't apologize. Just tell me what is wrong."

Clove looks up at me and I wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"I just, I'm scared, okay. I'm scared of the arena. I'm scared to die."

"Clove, you will not die. No one will get to hurt. You know that."

"Cato, you don't understand. I don't want to win, not without you."

"Okay, then I will come up with something, we will both win."

"You're the best. Thanks Cato."

We don't realize how close we are to eachother until someone knocks on the door and opens it.

"Clove, you need to sleep .. Oops, sorry. Am I disturbing you?" Clove and I quickly takes a step back, I look guiltily at Nea who's standing in the doorway.

"Okay." Clove says and goes out of my room without looking at me.

Seriously, how many times will someone interrupt me today. I go back to my bed, and this time I fall asleep immediately.