Chapter Twenty-One

I try not to do two POV's in one chapter, but I just felt like Harry's POV was too short (Niall's POV is probably unnecessary but whatever). I just wanted to let you know that this story is nowhere near being completed, so if you thought you could just sit down and enjoy a short story, you are very wrong. (I'm focused on building feelings and relationships and I don't want to rush anything so everything is just very drawn out). Like always, thank you for reading and supporting me! 

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

HARRY

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and realized just exactly why Niall had given me a love bite; he wanted revenge. I couldn't believe I fell for that.

Of course he just had to pick the hardest place to cover up. I sighed and turned my head back and forth, checking the bruise from each angle, just trying to figure out the best way to cover it up.

"Damn it, Niall," I cursed under my breath. Almost as if on cue, he came bursting through the bedroom door. Our eyes met each other through the mirror, and for a split second, I could almost swear that he smirked when he saw my hand fly up to cover the bruise.

"Good morning, sir," he said, sauntering over towards me, pretending to be completely oblivious to my current ordeal. I huffed and returned my attention to the mirror.

"It's about time you crawled out of bed," I joked. I glanced over at him from the corner of my eye and frowned slightly when I realized that he didn't catch onto my joke. In fact, he was standing rather distantly from me and his eyes were glued onto the ground.

I audibly sighed and ruffled my hair; I knew he was still angry with what I had done yesterday and the night of the ball. Normally, I didn't care when others thought poorly of me, but the mere thought of Niall hating me left my stomach in knots.

"I was informed that your History lesson has been pushed back to Tuesday. Instead, you will be attending another hour of horseback riding," he said.

As I turned around to face him, Niall took a few steps back, almost as if he was trying to stay as far away from me as possible. His movements were rigid and reminded me of the first time we met. "Can we talk this over?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

"We really must prepare you for breakfast, sir," he replied gesturing his hand towards the dresser. He proceeded to walk over to the said destination and pulled out several articles of clothing. I sighed and followed him, deciding that it wouldn't score me any points if I were to upset him even further.

Silence fell upon us as Niall began to pull at my nightgown; it was painfully obvious that he was trying to look anywhere but at me. His face scrunched up in concentration as he trained his eyes onto the buttons of my nightgown, undoing them slowly, one by one. As he undid the final button, I studied his face carefully, watching his eyes droop as he tried to look away from my bare chest.

My hand reached out and grazed his cheek softly, silently urging him to look up at me; he stubbornly turned his face away from me and pulled the nightgown off of me before neatly throwing it over his left shoulder. 

I momentarily stood there in nothing but my undergarments before he finally proceeded to pull on my dress shirt, completely ignoring the fact that I was trying to initiate a conversation and fix the mess that I'd started. Another one-sided conversation ensued for several seconds until I decided that I'd had enough.

"Damn it, Niall!" I shouted, pushing him up against the dresser. My fingertips pressed into his delicate shoulders, demanding him to look at me.  "I'm trying to change, Niall. I really am. Won't you just give me a chance to explain myself?"