Chapter Twenty

To make up for the previous chapter, I decided to do a double update (Wow, you mean she's updating twice in one day? After not updating for almost a month?). I have been extremely excited for this chapter, and literally didn't know exactly how I wanted to write it. There were so many ways this chapter could have turned out, but this is what I came up with. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and thank you for reading!

⌛ ⌛ ⌛

HARRY

It had been two days since the ball. It had also been two days since I had held a proper conversation with Niall. I couldn't even breathe next to him without feeling uncomfortable. I hated the fact that it had to be Niall who made me break. I hated the fact that I enjoyed the way he comforted me. So I did the only thing I knew how to do; I began to push him away again.

"Sir, Lady Taylor is here to see you."

I frowned slightly at his formalities; it was the first time in quite a while that I heard the word "sir" come out of his mouth.

"I'll be ready in a second. Do you mind keeping her company?" I asked, getting up from the armchair and making my way over to the dresser.

"Certainly, sir," he replied, bowing before he departed from the bedroom.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. There was nothing wrong with Taylor; I just didn't like how polite and uptight she was. On top of that, her personality was so sweet, it was sickening. Basically, she was exactly how Niall used to be, maybe even worse. I sighed once again in annoyance. No matter what I would put my mind to, it would always find its way back to Niall.

I began heading over to the rose garden, where Taylor was supposedly waiting for me. As I turned around the corner, I spotted the petite girl decked out in a frilly dress and a small fur coat. Her cheeks were dusted with a touch of red from the cold. She was quite a beauty, but I just couldn't see myself falling in love with her.

As I approached her, I noticed that she was shivering ever so slightly. I couldn't quite understand why she wanted to walk around the rose garden when we could be inside, having tea by the fireplace.

I slipped my hand into hers hand from behind, startling her. Cradling her hands in mine, I rubbed them softly in an attempt to warm them up.

"Good morning, Harry," she said, smiling up at me shyly before urging me to lead her through the garden.

From a stranger's point of view, one would probably think that Taylor and I were well-matched and perhaps even madly in love with one another; that, however, couldn't be further from the truth. Taylor was one of those girls who would treat everybody with kindness and smile all of the time, but it was very evident to me that she didn't want this marriage either. Regardless, our parents were the ones who arranged the marriage and we were going to be together whether we wanted to or not so there was no point in treating each other with hostility.

"You look absolutely stunning in that dress," I said as I led her further into the garden.

"Thank you," she replied, tightening her grip around my hand. She began to hum softly as we strolled through the garden, admiring the extensive collection of flowers; it was actually quite nice how comfortable we were around each other.  

We walked around the garden for several more hours, mostly in silence with the occasional questions to know more about each another. The funny thing is, I was more conscious about the fact that Niall was trailing just a few paces behind us rather than the fact that I was walking hand in hand with my fiancée.