Chapter 1 - Meeting The Devil

I was leaning my back against a tree, sneakily looking around the park full of colors. The tense feeling didn't want to leave my chest. I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"White Skipper to Pink Llama. White Skipper to Pink Llama, answer me."

I rolled my eyes.
"Nagi, shut the heck up!" I whisper yelled in the walkie-talky that was in my hand. "And don't call me Pink Llama..."
There was one second of silence.
"White Skipper to Lord of Donuts-"
"That either!!" I hissed. "Just give that thing back to Eiji."
I sighed again, looking up and around again. And I widened my eyes.
"Eiji. Onii-chan, I spotted him. Mikaze is now sitting on one of the benches."
"I'm not quite sure, sis. Are you sure you want to...?"
"Yes, I'm sure. 100%." I muttered seriously. "This is my chance of finally winning pride and I won't let this chance away."
"... Alright." I heard Onii-chan sigh from the other end. "Put in your headphones so you can hear us without the walkie-talky. Also, make sure the microphone on your chest is all right."
I quickly put in my headphones and fixed the flower on my chest that had a microphone in it.
"Okay, now what? How do I get his attention without him getting suspicious?"
"Well, if there is anything Ai is obsessed with, it's his work - music. Music talent easily catches his eyes, so I think what you should do is singing."
I widened my eyes. "Eh!? I can't sing!"
"Yeah, you think so. Just sing something, and make sure he hears you. If you sing one of his songs, it's a plus point. If you sing one of our songs, it's a minus point and can get you in trouble."
"Got it."
Well aw... it's a shame I can't sing HEAVENS GATE.
I took a deep breath and softly started to sing Winter Blossom I heard the other day. To my luck, I remember lyrics easily, so that wasn't a problem.

...

2 minutes.

4 minutes.

5 minutes.

I finished the song - no Ai.

I looked at the bench annoyed.
He didn't move an inch.
"Onii-chan, it's no use! What do I do now!?"
"First be quiet! He might hear you."
"Oh please if he didn't he- HUAAAH!" I screamed quickly hiding my walkie-talky as Mikaze was suddenly in my face.
"Could you please be quiet? I'm trying to concentrate," he said with no emotions whatever in his voice, his deep, aqua blue eyes slightly narrowed at me.
"Excuse me? I'm the one trying to concentrate!" I snapped glaring at him.
"To what?"
. . . . .
"WHATEVER!" I huffed turning away from him and crossing my arms.
"What's that behind your back?"
"NOTHING."
"You are suspicious."
"Uh-uh!"
"You have a zit right there."
"SHUT UP!"
He sighed. "Whatever. Just keep the volume low," he muttered starting to walk away.
"E-Eh...? W-W-Wait!" I muttered quietly reaching out for him.
"You are ruining your chances! Quick, sing something!"
"Heh!? No way!"
"-Just do what he says, White Skipper!
-That's you. And give that back, Nagi!
-Oh shut up I just wanna have fun!
-Give it back!"
I facepalmed and turned the walkie-talky off. I took a deep breath and started to sing I Will Always Love You as loud as I possibly could.
Mikaze froze in his place and I breathed out a sigh of relief.
He slowly turned back to me and walked towards me.
"You have talent," he muttered bluntly.
"E-Eh!? Me? Pfft, no!" I waved my hands.
I can't believe it's working!
"A talent to annoy me," he muttered with a dark aura. "But I guess your voice is nice, too."
I clenched my fists and forced a smile. "Thanks! That's nice of you to... say!"
He looked at me deeply with that aqua blue eyes of his, apparently deep in thought.
"... Say," he muttered after a while.
"Hm?"
"Did you... ever think about joining Shining Agency?"
... Did just Onii-chan's stupid plan work...?
"... Oh. N-No... I mean, I don't think I'm... good enough for it." I muttered playing with my fingers.
"You can always work on that." he closed his eyes calmly, and I sulked.
You are supposed to say "you are good enough" in a moment like this... Ugh... What a jerk. Pure innocence, angelic voice... Meanwhile, he is the devil himself. I fell for such a blind trap. Why, father...?
"I-I suppose." I chuckled awkwardly. "My name is... [F/N], by the way. [F/N]..."
Crap. I can't say I'm an Ootori, can I. Make up a last name, make up a last name!!
".... [made up last name] ((M/L/N)). Yeah, [F/N]... [M/L/N]."
He nodded in acknowledgment. "Shining has been searching for a female idol for years. As annoying as you are, I suppose we should take this chance before it slips from our hands..." he muttered, more to himself than me, then sighed a bit. "Follow me."
He then started walking away.
"So? What are you waiting for? Follow him." Eiji's voice said in my ear.
"You knew that they are searching for a female idol, didn't you?"
"Father likes to keep us informed."
"Glad to hear." I sweatdropped quickly following the aqua haired boy.