Chapter 10

The Princess of the Night paced around her chambers as two element bearers sat on her bed watching her as she told them about what had happened with her time with the King.

"That's what he tells me." Luna said, crossing her arms.

Pinkie Pie scratched her head while Fluttershy spoke up.

"And you told him he was lying?"

Luna looked a little guilty. "I..well..yes I did. I may have let my anger and confusion get the better of me. I..shouldn't have acted like that."

Fluttershy gave Luna a little smile.

"There's got to be a way to know whether he's lying or not!" Pinkie said. "Are there still Umbrum people out there? We could find them and ask!"

Luna pondered on this. " He did say the remaining Umbrum were imprisoned in a Crystal. But he didn't say where the Crystal was."

"Maybe there are records about the Crystal? There has to be something in the place that could tell us." Fluttershy said.

Luna nodded. "The Crystal Archives. Down in the lowest floor of the palace. We can ask Lady Hope to locate it for us while we're there."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Pinkie exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nine hundred and one, nine hundred and fifty-two, nine hundred and fifty-three..." Pinkie counted as they walked down the steps.

But Luna wasn't listening. Her mind was only thinking of what Sombra had said.

Who's to say she didn't lie to you as well?

Stop. Luna thought to herself. Once we get down there we'll settle this once and for all.

But she clutched her dress tightly, feeling her heartbeat thrum faster in her ears.

What if he was right? What if Amore did lie? Did Starswirl lie to us as well? No, he wouldn't I don't-

"ONE THOUSAND!" Pinkie yelled. "We're here!!"

Luna blinked, looking up as she forgot her worries. " The Crystal Archives is right over there."

"Should we get Lady Hope?" Fluttershy said.

" Yes, you and Pinkie bring her to the archives. I'll head there first to see the place."Luna said.

Fluttershy and Pinkie nodded and left as Luna made her way to the archives.

As she entered the threshold, Luna quietly browsed through the crystal shelves of records.

She had been here many times before while visiting the Empire but there were still many records she had still not yet seen before.

A sight caught her attention.

She peered out of the shelves to see Lady Hope coming out of a similar diamond-shaped door she saw in Hope's study.

Hope look around carefully before turning back to close the door.

"Lady Hope."

Lady Hope jumped at Luna's sudden appearance. " P-Princess!"

She bowed immediately, regaining her composure." W-What brings you here?"