~3~

A blush pasted on my face, I pulled away from the hug. "You should really put a shirt on now, Laz.." I said, getting quieter as I spoke longer. She looked at me with a puzzled, not in the slightest flustered, curious look. "Lazuli.." I breathed. Her look now turning into suspicious admiration "What?" Lapis questioned. 

I looked at her with disappointment, mostly. "You should know what I said, you shirtless clod!" I bursted, my face turning bright red. Her look resembled the look of a small child playing with a close friend when she knocked me over, put her hands next to my head, and said, "Why?". I froze. Absolutely shocked. This girl i had barely even known, just pinned me to my bed. Out-rightly dumbfounded with complicated and troublesome emotions, all I could do was mutter insults in my head. It's a coping mechanism, don't judge me. "Why?" She asked again, her face turning into more of a frownish dog-pout than the playful smile she had worn earlier. "Lapis, I-I, I thought we were going out to coffee, later?" 

Her hands had rested, and now she sat on me, less comfortable but definitely a start. "You're right, i'm sorry. You're a stranger, i shouldn't have. I'm sorry for making you do all those things.." Then she got off of me, stood up, and started looking through her bag for a shirt. 
She slouched, didn't seem to have that much energy, and the look in her eye seemed, extremely dull. It was as if she was judging herself so much the previous sparkle in her eye had vanished.
It stayed that way.
Throughout coffee she didn't smile or speak, just doodled, she made me take her order and yet she payed.
I kept trying to talk to her on that day.
Later that night Lapis hadn't said a word as she put up her little decorations.
Still desperately trying to get her to reply my questions, I bothered her with the stupidest things and awkward references.
She refused to sleep with me and instead bundled up on the floor.
I felt so ashamed myself that I too stopped trying to talk to her.

As I was drifting off into sleep, I heard two words, and then it was all darkness and silence.

"Forgive me."
Sweet, soft, and heart-broken. I would never be able to forget that voice.
That voice was the only thing I could tell you I really miss, to this day, for I barely hear it.

The next morning I woke with tears streaming from my eyes.