Prologue - We meet again

Start from the beginning

The lift dings and three levels up, I could feel the awkward air around us. The lift in this SES Co. could do a better job at upgrading its speed, to be honest. I fidget quietly, as It goes up... up... and only up on the tenth floor. For God's sake, ten more levels to reach the twentieth floor. I rolled my eyes, when the lift stops at the eleventh floor. 

The lift door opens to reveal the man I still love even after a year. The one I have always been guilty with, the one I still misses and hopeful for. Rashawn Seitz - In my eyes, he's the man with brains, the strong sex appeal, the one who cared and loved me, the realest of them all. My mouth went dry, not knowing if I should even say anything or just keep my mouth shut. Since, fuck, he didn't even bother replying all or any of my messages when we were done. Besides, there are so many questions running through my mind. Why is here? He works here? Is he going for the meeting too? Is he representing another company too? But he's an architect! My mind distracted, as he stood by the door, greeted Jaden with a nod, and looked past me. But his eyes... I saw a quick flash of amusement, hurt, and disappointment. Yet he still pretends he no longer cares. Or is he being real?

The door closes as the lift continued operating up to our destination. Jaden, suddenly being talkative, decided that it was a brilliant time to speak. He broke the silence, "You skipped a button, Ms. Cassidy"

I blinked at him several times, "we are literally heading towards the same floor" I replied sarcastically. Thought I'd won. But instead, he pointed to my blouse. I looked down and realised I skipped a hole. "shit" I murmured, fixing my blouse peeking at Rashawn - who has entirely no expression and nonchalant about the whole situation.  "You might want to dress slowly next time" Jaden smirked, "Even though it was an intense night with That fuckboy of yours"

I turned embarrassed. Why did he have to say all these infront of him? I didn't want Rashawn to hear all my dirty laundry being aired out. 

"It isn't your business who I fucked around with" I scowled, "you've got no rights to speak of it in public too, you ass" 

Both Rashawn and Jaden ignored me as the lift dings on the twentieth floor. They stepped out, without looking back. "Ra-" I stopped. What could I even explain to him? I sighed.

Stepping right inside the meeting room, there were many representatives from all other companies. Ready to fight and compete for this one project. They all looked tensed, some even proud. My eyes looked for Rashawn in the crowd, and I found him already seated right beside the director of the company that everyone was here for in the first place. Since when he worked for SES Co.? It's not even an architecture company... I started to wander and my eyes met Rashawn, who completely stared right into my eyes and ignored it, again. Those few seconds that could be worthless to him, actually meant a lot to me with the fact that he even looked at me. Idiot, I call myself. Satisfied with just that?

"Can we begin?" SES Co. Director started and everyone - all the whispers, talks and murmurs died down. "Today, we are all here gathered to showcase what each company has in their own capability. SES Co, the empire I've build with all my life, as haughty as it will sound, I can only accept the best to work for us. I do not accept failures and it can only grow. Whoever works with us, will definitely receive the best treatment and a name that everyone would know of. So show me the best proposals to consider" 

What an opening statement.

"So, for start, we have -" the emcee started to announce who will be representing first. Trust them to get an emcee for an event like this. Minutes, hours, and more hours had passed while I start zoning out and letting the tiredness get over me.

Jaden sat beside me, and gave me a kick in the leg to waken me up. I honestly cannot stand this pompous little - "Next, we have the AMERA to present their proposals" The emcee started. Oh, what a good time to represent. I downed the glass of water in front of me, took a deep breathe and smoothed down my outfit; following Jaden right up the podium. I started the introduction of our idea, concepts, flow thoughts and let Jaden does his main section. Which I would honestly agree for once, that the way he speaks and how he presents, gets the attention of everyone. And it's not just because of his looks.