first time

"I-I'm b-begging you.. Please come back to me.. I p-promise to be a better partner..." Her slurred voice and a faint sound of a busy highway can be heard on the other line. The girl was obviously drunk evident from the way she spoke and judging by the sounds at the background, she was driving.

"Pull over. You shouldn't be driving.."

"B-but I'm on my way to get you... I'm taking you home with me... I'll own up to my mistakes..."

"You did nothing wrong. It was all on me. Now, pull over."

"I'll pull over if you promise to come back to me.."

"Okay.. Now pull over and wait for me to fetch you."

"Okay.. I love you so m-"

A loud crash. That was the last thing she heard before the call ended.

How Seungwan wished that she was the one holding her beloved's bleeding hands, muttering words of encouragement in hopes of her fighting for her life. But no, that didn't happen.

Seulgi's bestfriend, Joohyun, was way faster than her and came to the rescue to bring the dying girl's body to the hospital.

Though Joohyun hated Seungwan with all her guts, the girl gave Seungwan enough time to see Seulgi. Seungwan held Seulgi's hand before they placed Seulgi on a stretcher.

Seungwan gave Joohyun a broken smile and said, "Please take good care of her". Joohyun knew what Seungwan meant and nodded. "I'll take care of her with all my life... Better than you ever did."

There she stood, in the middle of the highway, unable to move as the wailing sounds of a siren fades off to the distance. Her knees trembled as she watched the vehicle carrying that one person she cared for go farther away from her.

Beads of tears trickled down Seungwan's face as she stares at her hand stained with Seulgi's blood. With a jagged breath Seungwan muttered,

"I'm so sorry, Seulgi. You'd be better off with her than me. I want you to fight for her instead of me. I want you to get the love you deserve. I have brought you nothing but pain and it's time for you to be happy. You may not love her as much as you love me, but it would be best for you to try...

And I want you to know that... Today I realized... How much I really love you..

For the first time..."

fin.