Chapter Eleven: Preped and Ready

Tia's POV

I awoke from my sleep feeling well rested. The before wedding party was today.

"Uhg," I groan looking at my phone.

7:15 AM

I rubbed my eyes as I got up to go get breakfast. I stumbled across the hallway as I met eyes with my father. He laughed at me.

"What? Did you eat the last pop tart or something?" I say suspiciously.

He just giggles like a two year old pointing at my neck. He walked to his and Lucia's room. I opened my phone to see what was so funny. My neck had bites along it. I sighed as I walked to the pantry to grab some pop tarts.

"Hey hon," Lucia says.

"Hi," I say toasting a pop tart.

"So, I know I've been a little tough on you sweetheart, so I decided to make it up to you," Lucia says smiling.

"Oh yeah?" I say, "how so?"

"I invited your friend Preston!" She says.

What?? We're not even a real relationship, we're just a couple of young adults who hookup.

"Oh, great," I force a smile.

She felt satisfied enough as she left the kitchen. I sighed as my pop tart was ready. I ate the pop tart while contemplating.

God, this isn't going too swimmingly. Maybe it was bad of me to be going on "adventures" and sleeping with him.

"So I guess you heard what mom's doing," Morgan says.

"Yep," I say munching away.

"So, what do you think about Preston?" She asks me.

"What about him?" I say annoyed, "he's no one. He's just a summertime friend with benefits."

"Originally He was just a hookup, now a friend with benefits," she teases me.

"That's basically what a long time of a hookup is," I laugh.

"Well, good luck with tonight then," she says, "she invited Tyler so that's good."

"You going to use your present tonight," I laugh.

"Maybe not tonight at the house, but somewhere else I will," she snickers.

"When does this party even start?" I ask.

"Five, so what's before then?" She asks.

"Well, I suppose we could-..."

"What's these?" She asks pulling out the polaroids.

"Fuck, those aren't anything..."

"Tia, you guys take pictures?" She asks.

"So?"

"He never lets other people take pictures of him. Either he was high when you did this or..." she says.

"Stop jumping to such conclusions little sister," I say mockingly, "I know boys are obsessed and throw themselves over me, but this is nothing. A guy tried to give me his car for me to be with him."

"No way," she says, "anyways, what will we be doing?"

"We could go cliff diving, we could go shopping, endless possibilities," I say.

"We should go shopping, but a wedding gift for our parents," she says.

"Good idea," I say.

Preston's POV

Mom: Please get mail from box love.

I groaned as I got up from the couch and walked over to the mailbox outside. Bills, company papers...

To: Preston Hernandez

From: Celestia Anderson

What the hell? Are we pen pals or sweethearts from World War Two?

I brought the mail inside as I opened it up.

Hello! You are invited to the before wedding party and wedding of Lucia Costello and Michael Anderson. If you'd like to attend, males dress in button up shirt and jeans, females in assigned dress.

Hope to see you there!

She is attached to me. She must be. She has to be. If she sends me letters like this inviting me, this has to be true.

But I can never be in love. She's moving back to Colorado anyways, it's not like I'll ever see her again.

Tia's POV

"This is perfect, they'll love this so much," I say as the cashier wraps it.

"I'm sure they will, it's a perfect present for a wedding," Morgan says as we leave, "What was your life like in Colorado? I never asked."

"Well, it's like here but cold," I say laughing.