When I got to the shop today I was gonna talk to Tia if she had time. I realized it was way to busy for her to take a break and talk to me.

But Eli was there, and so was Bree. I couldn't deal with all three of them in one day. As soon as I saw him I felt something in me break. I thought I had gotten over him and Carmen. I acted like I didn't give a fuck when I did. I pushed all of the memories we had aside and tried to forget the whole thing. But when I seen him, it hurt all over again.

I keep tryna prove to myself that I've moved on when I know I haven't.

"You ain't gotta say shit. It's in the way you acting. If you got sumn' on yo' chest, come out and say it. Ignoring me and allat is lame, 'specially if I'on know what I did."

I sighed, "It's nothing man. Just chill." He scoffed and sat on the edge of the bed. I rolled my eyes with frustration. This is exactly why I was avoiding him. Shawn never had a problem with saying how he felt about people.

"I know you better than that. You be cappin' sometimes and this is one of those times. Ain't no way you stop talking to me for months wit' no explanation."

I'm done going back and forth. If he wanna hear what's on my mind, he can hear it. "I won't tell you who you can and cannot fuck with. All I'm saying is, if Neisha ever did you wrong like that, I would beat her ass for you. I would cut her off. Clearly we wasn't as cool as I thought we were for you and Kaiden to just go back to being cool with the nigga."

Before classes started back up I was extremely happy. Being surrounded by everyone was when I had some of the best moments of my life. Right now, I couldn't even believe that I had ever been that happy before. I couldn't believe someone could even smile as hard as I used to. Now? I'm tired. Just tired of everyone and everything. "Leave me alone, Shawn." My voice came out shaky, like I was about to cry. I could feel it coming but I tried stuffing it back in.

He was quiet for a second and I felt him staring at me. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I feel you. And I'm sorry." Shawn pulled me up and hugged me. I hugged him back hard cause I missed him too. I felt dumb for getting bad at something as simple as that.

"Now if that was it, you coulda' just told me."

"And anyways, don't trip off Eli. I'on even really fuck with him like that no mo'." He was right. I have to try and forget about Elijah. Right now he probably not even worried about me or what I'm doing.

I got back under the covers and fluffed up the pillows. "Alright, can I get some sleep now?"

"Wayment, I still got a question. Who is this dude you with now? And how you not even gon' let me meet him first?" I sighed, feeling more tired than ever. I don't feel like talking about Des right now, either. Fuck him if he wanna treat me like that. "Uh, what you even wanna know about him?"

"Shit, can I get a name? Ole secretive ass."

"Desmond. You got two more questions."

Shawn tapped his chin, "Lemme see him. And this don't count toward my questions." I unlocked my phone with my face and scrolled through some photos. "It does count. You got one mo'."I landed on one of us at home and turned the screen toward Shawn.

"Cute."

"You gay. I'm telling Neisha."

"Shh, it can be our secret. I'm still in the closet." I started laughing and my mood was slowly being lifted. "Alright. How old is he?"

"Never mind that," I said. I was tired of talking about me. "I wanna know about this wedding."

The couple was too cute. I always thought Neisha would be the first of us to get married and start a family. Ever since I met her on that first date with Elijah, I knew. And now that shit was actually about to happen.