18. revival

I fiddled with my fingers. "From the beginning beginning, or just how i got here?"

"The full story. What lead you here, my love." Kinnara, the birdlike woman, spoke.

I straightened my back and started from as early as i could remember.

"Well, when i was a child, i would always see dark shadows around me. My mother tried to always be around me to swat them away. As i got older, the shadows animated. They weren't just there watching me, they would chase me. These dark hounds, that i now know are small fenrir, would try to attack me. Once, when i was 13, i tried to see if they could be nice. I wanted to try to make amends. I didn't know why they hated me, and i didn't know why only i could see them," i stopped for a moment, trying to steady my voice.

I looked over to Oliver and he nodded his head and gave me an encouraging smile. He took my hand under the table and began rubbing circles.

"The hound wasn't having it. It chased me into the forest and lunged at me. It was aiming for my neck, but i put my arm out before it could and it ripped a chunk out of my forearm. Someone nearby heard me screaming, and found me on the floor nearly drained of blood. After that i was scared. I started being chased more often and i couldn't go out at night alone. There was one night though, i was chased again into the forest and i found a stone in the dirt,"

I pulled the dulling gem out of my shirt and showed it to the four gods in front of me. They looked at one another and seemed as if they knew something more.

"This is my deity. He's a magical creature that takes the form of a cat and his name is Yves. Leading up to now, i was chased by a man for the first time. I know for a fact he's a demon. Something out there wants me, and it's evil. I have no clue why. But the man fought Yves and we lost. I was kidnapped and taken to a castle where i stayed until we escaped, with the help of the mans friend. We ended up at a cottage in a jungle like area and Yves began teaching me more magic," Ahti looked surprised at my mention of knowing magic.

"And who is this 'man?'" The molten guardian, i now know as Ra, asked. "His name is Damian, he serves Lucifer."

Kinnara's eyes widened at the mention of the name. "You're from a different universe," she said, finally realizing.

"Yes I am. So as Yves retreated to his stone to rest, i wandered around the home i was in and found a door i should have seen. Before i could leave it got cold and i was thrown into a weird forest. That is how i got here." 

I decided to leave out my brief protector, Nesser. I didn't think it would be an important piece of information.

"I thought all the portals were shut eons ago." Kinnara looked genuinely frightened. "So what about the other universes." She asked the gods sitting beside her.

"We will discuss this later." Ra said with a strict tone. He looked at me and shot a tight smile. Ahti's tentacles flicked and made a suction noise and i glanced over at her.

"I see." Ahti mused. "I think we can bring your friend back. I might have a spell."

She rose from her chair and made her way to the table we sat at. Her palm was out stretched, aiming for my gem. I hesitantly handed it to her and she set it on the table. With a flick of the wrist small water droplets appeared, and animated.

She conjured up small droplet people. "Kinnara, your air." The bird woman stretched out her wings and scratched them before heading near us. She let one of the droplets walk on her before she blew a breath and they stumbled into the gem, it sucked them up right away.

"My theory is, they should be able to penetrate his orb and awaken him once again. I assume the transfer from one realm to another so suddenly forced him to go dormant." I nodded lightly, it sort of made sense to me.

We waited for a minute or two and then the gem began to glow faintly. I bit back a smile as the droplet people popped back out and ran to Ahti.

"They tell me you need to hold it." She said while handing me the glowing stone. I snatched it from her hands and held it to my heart.

"Please come back to me, Yves." I said softly while kissing his little home. A pop resonated in the room and the air warmed slightly.

Before me stood my little kitten. He looked lightly dazed before coming to and staring at me.

"Della!" He said, frantically. Yves launched into my arms and purred loudly. "I thought i lost you," His paws touched my face. "I really thought i lost you." His eyes were glassy and his rubbed his head over my face. I let out a small laugh as the tears streamed down my face.

"I missed you." I murmured. A hearty throat clearing interrupted us, Yves stiffened. He swiftly jumped out of my arms and transformed mid air into his larger form.

"Yves don't! You might use up all your magic again!" He growled and placed me on his back before i could protest.

"I was in there for a while, my powers are good as new," he lowered his head and growled once more. "Who are these creatures?"

"They're friends, not foe." I patted his large head and hugged his back. "They're here to help us, protect us." He kept his protective stance.

"Yves, they want to help us fight against Damian. He's still out there looking for me. We need all the help we can get at this point." I murmured playing with his ears. He gazed back at me and i stretched my arm to rub his head. "Okay." He said with a sigh.

I climbed off of him and he reverted to his normal form, slightly floating in the air with his paws laid on my shoulder.
"But if they try anything—"

"We would never," Oliver spoke out. "I hope you can understand." Yves eyed him and floated closer. He flew around his body and inspected him from every angle.

"Della, show me what has happened since i was gone." Yves made his way to me and his paw touched my head. I held his lower body as he absorbed the visions of the last few days from my head.

"Oh my," Kinnara let out a light gasp and turned her head to Austras and he nodded lightly. As Yves finished he fell into my arms and i cradled him.

"Alright," he gazed at the gods, "what's next?"