8. found

I wish this life was longer for love is short lived when your dearly beloved is hunted by the darkness.
——
Damian's POV

I watched as she ran out of the room, so fast as if she was never here. Her brown hair bounced around as she yelled angrily at me. Framing her face beautifully. Her skirt twirled as she spun around to leave.

I knew it was the deity that was helping her. But she couldn't get very far. Everything is enchanted. I was still pissed. I growled out loudly, to let her know i was upset. I'm sure she heard me.

I calmly left the room and slammed the door shut. I could hear her faint footsteps in the distance. I followed her scent. She ran pretty far in a short amount of time. My residence is quite large too. I turned the corner to glance at the right wing of the manner.

She couldn't have gone into there. The right wing is sealed shut with an enchantment from an elder wizard. I rolled my eyes, well she isn't really normal. "Delilah!" I called out loudly.

I decided to search around a bit there, since her scent trailed in. The right wing was too dangerous for her to be there.

I heard hushed whispering as my booming footsteps turned a corner. Then suddenly everything dropped. Her scent was gone, the noises stopped. I furrowed my brows and stopped before room 1. She was right here. I turned 360 and looked in all directions. I then closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, trying to grab at any scent. She was here, she is here.

I turned around and stared right at the wall. I squinted my eyes hard and moved side to side. Something was there. I walked forward until my front hit the wall and i felt faint breathing.

I smirked. "Found you." I grabbed forward trying to grasp anything i could and i felt an arm. I gripped it tightly and she materialized right before my eyes. The disguise switched off from head to toe in a domino effect.

Her eyes were wide and frantic, her brown curls bounced around her face and her cheeks were tinted with a light pink blush. She was scared.

I growled lightly. "You ran." I spoke lowly reaching out to grip her arm. "Yeah well you were being freaky." She spoke with a quiver in her voice. She tried to jerk her arm back but i grabbed it before she could. "Never come to the  right wing. I don't care if you're mad, just don't come here. It's dangerous."

She furrowed her brows and i began dragging her back. "Where are we going?" She asked timidly. "My room. Well, now it'll be our room." She suddenly choked and i looked back at her face turning red. "W-what?"

"I can't trust you. You're staying in my room." I shifted my grip on her arm trying not to squeeze so hard and continued tugging her down the hall. I could feel her hard glare piercing through the back of my head.

"If you keep frowning you'll face will get stuck like that." I said turning my head to look at her pouty face. She huffed and i let out a small smile.

-
We finally made it out of the right wing and at my door. "This is the only black door in the manor and it's in the same hall as the one you stayed in so if anything happens you should know where to go." I let go of her arm and gave her a stern look. She stuck out her tongue and rubbed her arm. I rolled my eyes.

I gripped the handle of the door and turned it until i heard a lock. "Here," i said pointing at the handle. "Put your hand on it as if you were turning it and keep it there for a second. It'll read your hand and only open for me and you."

She looked hesitant but i gave her a reassuring look and she finally put her hand on the doorknob. "It's warm.." she muttered. I heard a hard click and Delilah jumped. I chuckled, "there it's set."

I ushered her into the room and closed the door behind me. She looked at me and then spun around taking in the whole room. "You can look around, I'm going to go organize somethings for you."

I quickly turned and exited the room. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"Keep pushing." I muttered.