The Best Reward Of All

Percy stood alone on the balcony of Olympus, the sounds of laughter and music coming from behind him. He never really liked parties that much, so he had decided to take a breather. "Son?" Percy heard a voice from behind him. He turned around to see Poseidon. The sea god walked over to Percy and put an arm around him. "Not a fan of parties?" Poseidon asked. Percy shook his head. Poseidon chuckled. "You take after me. I don't like them much either. My son, we must talk."

Percy knew this was coming. Poseidon studied Percy carefully, but found no trace of emotion in his eyes. "Where have you been for these sixteen years, Percy?" Percy looked down. "I'm not supposed to talk about it, Dad. I'm been specifically instructed not to say." Poseidon looked disappointed. He thought about pressing for more, but decided against it, for Percy would never tell him. Besides, his son was not hurt, and Olympus was saved. He could only figure it was an ally.

The two stayed like that for a while, just staring out over Olympus, arms wrapped around each other. "Poseidon!" Percy heard Hermes shout. Poseidon broke away. "I've missed you, my son." With that, he left to rejoin the party and to see what Hermes wanted. Percy closed his eyes, letting the cool breeze wash over his face. He wanted nothing more than to just spread his wings and fly off, but he couldn't. He felt a presence behind him. "Percy?" It was Thalia Grace, the ex-Hunter. She walked over to him and gazed out into space with him. She's beautiful, Percy thought, looking at her. The moonlight reflected off her black hair and her blue eyes glowed in the darkness. She carried herself with confidence and you could tell she wasn't to be messed with.

Percy discreetly slipped his hand into hers. Thalia smiled. "I was wondering. Was there a girl from wherever you were?" Percy smiled and shook his head. "No, there wasn't. I wasn't allowed to talk to or even see anyone, except for my teachers. They taught me everything I know." Thalia watched him curiously. "So, does that mean you know how to fight?" Percy nodded. "Yes. I held back against Kronos, because I didn't want him knowing who I was. Or the camp, for that matter." He stared into Thalia's beautiful eyes for a little longer. "You know," he added, seeing her expression, "if you were to fight me I can guarantee that you wouldn't last fifteen seconds."

She smirked. "You sure about that, Kelp Head?" Percy laughed. "Quite sure, Lightning Bug." She slapped him playfully. "So, back to the girl conversation, why did you want to know if I had a girlfriend?" Thalia blushed. "Well, there's someone I kind of like, but I don't know if he likes me back. I thought that maybe a boy's point of view would help." Percy grinned. "Well, what's he like?" Thalia blushed even redder. "Well, he's really nice, and polite. He's beyond godlike when it comes to his looks, and that's coming from the girl who thought Apollo was hot. He's funny and sweet, and just simply amazing." Percy smiled at her description. "I noticed you didn't tell me his name. What might it be?"

Thalia's face was impersonating a pomegranate now. Then, without warning, she leapt at him. Her lips crashed onto Percy's and he wrapped his arms around her neck. They sank to the ground, still locked in what Thalia considered to be the best kiss ever. After about a minute, they broke away, each blushing deep red and smiling wider than they ever had before. "Ahem." came a voice from the party.

The two demigods looked up to see Poseidon and Aphrodite standing there, grinning like maniacs. Aphrodite squealed loudly, making everyone jump. "SO CUTE! I LOVE IT! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" she screamed, jumping up and down and clapping like a little kid in a candy store. Poseidon walked over to his son and clapped him on the back. "That's my boy!" Percy blushed. "Daaaaaaaaaaad..." Poseidon grinned at his son. "It's okay, son. I won't broadcast it to the world. Come on, Aphrodite. Let's go back to the party. I hear you still owe Hephaestus a dance." Aphrodite frowned. "I guess I do. Oh well. He is my husband, after all." She followed Poseidon back to the party.

Thalia turned back to Percy, who had stood up. Thalia rose to meet him and gripped his hand. Percy dropped to one knee. "Milady Thalia, would thee grant me the honor of officially being thy boyfriend? I can think of no maiden fairer than thee." he asked playfully. Thalia punched him in the face, then grabbed his shirt and kissed him. "Yes, Lord Percy. It would bring me no bigger pleasure." Percy laughed and kissed his girlfriend. The stars twinkled brightly, and if one looked closely, they might have been able to see a face smiling down upon them.

And this story is officially done! So, I have decided to do a sequel to this story, so keep on the lookout for that! Let me know in the reviews how you liked it! Also, comment on my song recommendations! Did you like them? Did you hate them? Did you completely ignore them? Until next time, my fabulous readers!

Song Recommendation: Don't Stop Believin' by Journey