Killing Time

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I partially rewrote the last chapter to make it fit better into my story, so please go back and read it, otherwise this chapter will be confusing. Enjoy!

Percy tried to stab the Titan Lord in the Achilles Heel, but Kronos was smart. He had gotten onto the offensive side, leaving the demigods no choice but to stay on defense. Percy knew that Annabeth and Thalia were tiring; he could see their blocks getting slower and slower. Finally, Kronos, scowling at Annabeth's knife, batted Annabeth into a pillar when she over-extended on a block, leaving her dazed. Now it was just the "unclaimed" demigod and a daughter of Zeus keeping Kronos at bay. Percy noticed his stare, and deduced that the mortal host had somehow known that knife. The cursed blade.

Out of the corner of his eye, Percy could see the telltale signs of Typhon approaching. He mentally sighed, and kicked himself for getting out of focus. He refocused just in time to block a strike from Kronos' scythe. Almost as fast as lightning, Kronos' backhanded Thalia, and Percy heard a loud crack as Thalia slammed into the throne of Ares. Thalia screamed in pain as her leg broke, rendering her useless to the fight. Kronos immediately swerved back to Percy, "disarming" him.

Kronos grinned in triumph. "You see demigod? I will raze Olympus to the ground, and none will stop me! You have no children of the Big Three, so I am unstoppable!" He swung at Percy, who dodged. Percy came up, fake panting. "Yeah, but you're forgetting one thing." he reminded Kronos. Kronos' smile slipped off his face. "And what is that, demigod?" Percy grinned. "The prophecy says that a Big Three kid of sixteen will make the final decision. And I'm making it." The remark stopped Kronos in his tracks. His eyes showed fear for the first time.

Kronos backed up wearily. His eyes widened in realization. "You're supposed to be dead!" Percy smirked. "But I'm not. I'm right here in front of you." With that final statement, he lunged, swooping down and grabbing Annabeth's knife (which she had dropped), and stabbing Kronos in the Achilles spot. The knife only grazed the spot, but it was enough. Kronos howled in pain and fury and his body glowed so bright that Annabeth and Thalia looked away. When the light died down, the demigods looked back towards the center of the throne room. Kronos was gone, leaving only his scythe and the half-destroyed throne room as the only signs he had ever existed.

Percy ran over to Annabeth, who was clutching her head. Percy patched it up with some supplies that he had stolen off an Apollo camper back at base and hidden in his shoe. He drizzled nectar over a deep gash in her arm, which started to close up, leaving only a long white scar. Percy then fished out some ambrosia from a plastic baggie (also hidden in his shoe), and force-fed it to Thalia. She moaned in relief, and Percy could only wonder what it tasted like. He was never allowed ambrosia or nectar back in Chaos' realm, the reasoning behind that being that he might not have it on hand and he should rely on his own powers and skills. Percy was interrupted from his daydreaming by screams from outside.

Hey guys! I'm really happy with how this story is going. It's actually turning out a lot better than I thought it would. I think after this one I'm going to make a sequel. It's going to be the Heroes of Olympus plot, so it will definitely be longer than this story. That one will be more focused on the bonding between Percy and the other characters (which I definitely do not own), and may have a little more focus on a potential pairing. Speaking of pairing, have you guessed it yet?

Daily Song Recommendation: Defying Gravity from Wicked