Taken At Birth

Hey guys! Thanks for clicking on this story! I apologize in advance if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, and please let me know if that happens. I will also be giving a song recommendation at the end of each chapter, however, a lot of my friends think I'm weird so you may take this opinion with a grain of salt. Comment if you like the song or if you think I need to spend a month in a mental hospital for liking the song.

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson. Uncle Rick does.

It had been two weeks since Sally Jackson gave birth to her only son. She knew just by looking at him that he would do great things. She felt a presence enter the room and looked up. She smiled. "He's beautiful, isn't he? He looks like you. I've decided to name him Perseus, after one of the only heroes to have a happy ending, but I'm going to call him Percy." Poseidon nodded and gazed lovingly at the sleeping child in Sally's arms. "His aura is already powerful. He might just be my most powerful demigod child ever, maybe even my most powerful child, period." Sally's eyes widened slightly. Poseidon smiled his trademark gentle smile and he wrapped his strong, tan arms around her. Thunder rumbled overhead. "I must go. Zeus will begin to get suspicious, not to mention Amphitrite and Triton. You are still a queen among women, and I will always be there for you." He kissed Percy's forehead and dissolved into sea mist, leaving a scent of the ocean lingering behind.

Sally set Percy down in his crib. "Goodnight, Percy. I love you." She kissed his cheek and got into bed and turned off the light. After she had gone to bed, a flash lit up the room and a cloaked figure appeared. He had black hair and ocean blue eyes. The figure checked Sally to make sure she was still asleep. The figure turned back to the baby. "The hero of the Prophecy." he murmured. "You will be a great hero, especially with your fatal flaw. Loyal, kind, and brave." With that, he picked up the baby, who didn't even stir. He took one last look at the baby's peacefully sleeping mother. He murmured, "I'm sorry, but this must be done." He flashed out, leaving no sign that he was there, other than an empty crib.

Sally woke up slightly suspicious. She knew that babies often woke up in the middle of the night, and certainly not at nine in the morning. She rushed over to the crib and sobbed. Percy was gone! She sank to the floor sobbing miserably. An ocean scent filled the room and warm, strong arms wrapped around her. She sank into Poseidon's embrace weeping uncontrollably. "What is wrong, Sally?" She couldn't speak. She just pointed towards the crib, and a few seconds later Poseidon had tears streaming down his face. They sat there for a while in each other's arms and cried for their lost son.

"Poseidon, why are you crying?" Hestia and Hera had felt large drops in their domain of family, and they knew it was Poseidon, who had flashed into the throne room leaning on the hearth heavily with tears streaming down his face. "I h-had a demigod s-son." he said in a shaky voice. They gasped; it had been centuries since Poseidon had even looked at another girl like that. Hera asked, "Then shouldn't you be happy? We felt a large drop, not an increase." That sent Poseidon into another fit of sobs and he sank to the floor. Hestia opened her arms and hugged Poseidon. Finally he calmed down enough to whisper, "H-he went m-missing. H-his name w-was P-percy. He was only t-two w-weeks old..." He dissolved into tears. Hestia and Hera hugged Poseidon tighter. Apollo walked into the room. He said, "Hey, Uncle P-" Hestia and Hera shot him a glare and he wisely shut up. Apollo took in Poseidon sobbing in his sisters' arms. He left the throne room.

About ten minutes later, he returned with Zeus, Hades, and Demeter. Zeus and Hades looked shocked. Poseidon had always been the strongest of the big three, and here he was, curled up on the floor crying uncontrollably being practically cradled by his sisters, who were also shedding a couple of tears. Hestia was murmuring in his ear and Hera was stroking his hair trying to calm him down. The elder gods had never seen Poseidon like this. Hera looked up and motioned with her head sternly. The three standing siblings got the message and knelt around Poseidon and joined Hestia and Hera in comforting him.

Athena walked into the room followed by Hephaestus, Ares, Artemis, Aphrodite, and Hermes. Their eyes widened slightly at the sight of the five gods sitting on the floor comforting Poseidon, who had his head tucked in his arms and weeping. Finally Athena had the courage to ask, "Poseidon, what's wrong?" Poseidon was in no shape to answer, so Hera did instead. "He's grieving for someone he lost. Someone he loved very much." Aphrodite gasped slightly and looked at Poseidon with sympathy. Athena, ignoring the glares from the other gods, said, "Well that is no reason to be lying on the floor pathetically and crying." Poseidon sobbed harder. Hestia gave Athena a death glare. Athena flinched. "Well, how would you feel if your two week old demigod son, the first one you had in centuries, went missing?" Hestia snapped.

Athena gasped; she had no idea Poseidon had a son. Artemis, however, let a tear slip; she was the goddess of children and childbirth. She spoke up. "What is his name?" "P-perseus Jackson, or as S-sally liked to c-c-call him, P-percy." Poseidon's voice broke with sadness. Artemis looked to be thinking. "Father, if it is okay with you, I will lead the Hunt to find whoever took Poseidon's son." Poseidon lifted his head. Hades added, "And I will search the Underworld." Dionysus, surprisingly, also chipped in. "Uncle, I will inform Chiron and the camp. We will send out search parties immediately." Apollo said, "I will search from my chariot, every day until he is found. Which he will be." Poseidon smiled weakly in gratitude. "Thank you. This means a lot to me." he said quietly. Zeus smiled at his brother. "We're here for you brother. Always."

Hey guys! I know Zeus may be a little OOC, but I needed it for this story.

Daily Song Recommendation: Music of the Night from The Phantom of the Opera