Rough Morning

This is going to be a short chapter content wise due to the holidays
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A cold barrel of a gun pressed against my temple as I screamed out for Levi, who seemed yards away from me as he approached. 'Levi! Levi help me! Please! I don't want to die! Not ye- BANG!'

I woke up with a scream, sitting up in bed and frantically feeling my face. I looked towards the clock that read 10:30 AM. I started to panic that we were late before I realized Erwin had given Levi and I a day to ourselves since we got back. That means I had another nightmare, making it the fifth time since we got back. It didn't make sense, Kenny Ackerman was long gone, why am I having nightmares now?

I sighed and laid back down against the soft sheets, looking over to find Levi propped against his pillow looking at me. His arms were crossed under it, using the pillow to support his chin. I jolted slightly when I saw him, resisting the urge to slap him out of reflex.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I questioned, bundling back under the blanket to cover my bare body from the night before. I was still completely disheveled from it and the nightmare while Levi looked fresh out of the shower.

He placed a hand on my cheek, rubbing it with his thumb. "I heard you moving in your sleep so I came in to check on you. I had just laid down maybe a few minutes before you screamed. Are you okay? Another nightmare?"

I nodded, tears immediately welling in my eyes but I forced them back. "Yeah. I don't understand why I'm having them." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before getting up and getting dressed. "At least though, maybe the rest of the day will go smoothly." I looked back at him as he sat up fully.

"I'm sure it will, I have a whole day planned." He smiled softly, the dark blue sweater he wore making his silver eyes seem brighter.

How sweet of him...