A Faulty Time

There's gonna be a point of view switch in here bbys💖
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several weeks after our honeymoon was over, it was reported to us that Titan activity was low. It was a relatively rare occurance but seeing as Commander Erwin ordered us to go outside the walls on patrol, we had to do it.

It was the usual scenario as we exited the walls. People were lined up watching us leave. There were cheers mixed with insults. Levi and I were at the head of the patrol as usual, so a few people were shouting their congratulations to us as we passed.

Once we were outside of the walls, it was extremely quiet. We got further than usual before several titans showed up. Without hesitation, all of us on the patrol were off our horses and flying through the air towards the titans. There was an awful rattling sound as I flew through towards the first titan with Levi.

"What the hell is that noise!?" He called as we swung around the titan and sliced into the nape of its neck.

"Its my gear! I don't know what's wro-!" My words were cut short when both of my propeller lines snapped and the gear fell from my body. A scream forced its way from my throat as I plummeted towards a tree, smacking my head against a branch. It immediately went dark.

~Switch to Levi~

(Y/n)'s scream pierced the air as she fell. I tried to rush to catch her, but she had already smacked into a tree when I got there. I could see blood starting to drip from her temple from the impact.

"(Y/n)!! Everyone back on your horses! Now!" I ordered as I landed and lifted her from the ground.

Rushing to my horse, I held (Y/n) with one arm as I controlled the horse. There was no movement from (y/n) except for the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed as well as the movement of the horse making her body jump.

"Stay with me, princess. We're almost home." I muttered as the gate came into view. The other Scouts went ahead of me to make a path while Mikasa, Armin, and Eren stayed by me.

"Hanji!" They yelled once we were in the gates, assisting me with the limp woman in my arms.

Hanji ran out and requested that only Mikasa help her, out of respect for (Y/n)'s privacy. The two of them immediately took her to the infirmary, one of her arms dangling as they ran.

Hours later, Mikasa stepped out of the infirmary. Her hands were clasped in front of her, the red scarf around her neck now missing.

"Lance Corporal, you may come in now." She stepped out of the way and allowed me to enter the room. The first thing I saw was Hanji adjusting the IV connected to (y/n)'s arm.

Hanji turned and looked at me as I stepped closer. (Y/n) had a bandage where she had hit her head against the tree, her (h/c) hair spread out across the white pillow. It was painful seeing her like this, but it was also a relief that she was breathing on her own.

"What's the news, Hanji?"

"Well, she's in a coma due to her impact with the tree. It didn't cause any internal damage, but it was a hard enough force that she'll be in this coma for a few days." She sighed softly, adjusting Mikasa's scarf that the raven haired girl had wrapped around (y/n)'s neck.

"Something must have happened to her gear while we were on honeymoon leave." I muttered, holding the limp hand of the woman I devoted my life to and just watched plummet to the ground from the sky.

Hanji shifted and seemed to hesitate for a second. "I'm unsure how. Aside from routine checks, no one touched it."

I looked at her, an eyebrow raised. "So only the usual people touched her gear?"

She pushed her glasses up and looked at me. "Yes. I don't understand how it went faulty. It worked perfectly during the checks."

I nodded slowly. "I'll double check the log. Just to be sure. That sound..." I paused and shook my head. "That sound was awful. And her scream.."

Hanji put her hand on my shoulder, gently rubbing it. "I understand. Stay here with her. I'll check the log for you and report back."

"Hanji are y-"

"I'm sure, Levi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I apologize that this is short I was just dealing with MASSIVE writers block. R.I.P. But here it is! Until the next chapter reader-chans!!💖