Chapter 1: the beginning of it all

Growing up, I never really had the chance to figure out what I really wanted until I was 15 going on to 16. All my life growing up in the small town of Hays, I always thought to myself damn, I'm just going to waste my life wallowing away with the same people I've seen everyday since grade school. This is how my life is going to end. I was your average but unique teenage asian girl that loved her fantasy books, manga and anime who was white washed growing up as the only asian besides her family in the small town.

        Summer after the ending of my first year in high school, my family and I went on a vacation back to my homecity in sunny California. That summer I knew that something great was going to happen, I knew that I would I have a summer romance and meet my first love. I just hope it all works out.

        "Kali, you have your plane ticket ready right? We're boarding in group B and they are lining up now" my mom asked. I simply nodded and kept listening to my music while my siblings were on their phones minding their business while my mom was double checking everything as my dad just watched her hustle and bustle. He was trying to contain his laugh and restrain from making jokes like he usually does when my mom hovers, it's what I love most about my dad. 

        The whole flight there just took 2 hours and we landed in sunny San Diego. Although I was asleep the majority of the flight, I still had a strong urge to vomit because of my motion sickness. "Oh great, it's summer vacation and i'm already sick." I thought to myself. 

        As we drove through the beautiful sights and some eye-sores throughout the city on the way to my aunts house that was 1-2 hours up north, depending on traffic, I took in the smell of the ocean, the musky yet fragrant smell of the ocean as the wind swept past my face in the car. For some reason, I felt at peace, like I had gained a fresh new start of some sort.