Chapter One-Yes

Sherlock and I walked back into the cab. I couldn't help but play with my new engagement ring.

"Do you like it?" Sherlock smiled, kissing my cheek.

"It looks familiar," I stared at the diamond.

"Someone helped pick it out," Sherlock grabbed onto my hands.

"Who?" I wondered. Who could have helped Sherlock? John? Mycroft?

"Your dad, Bethany," Sherlock gave me a weak smile.

"You..." I was at a loss for words. "You spoke to my dad?" Sherlock looked at me. Was he trying to deduce me?

"Yes. I did. The ring," he lifted up my hand. "Was your mother's Bethany. He begged me to give it to you when I asked him for permission."

"You asked my dad for permission?" I was still confused by my own emotions. I couldn't tell if I was angry, touched, or sad.

"Yes. I did. I felt like being all classic and romantic," Sherlock was questioning himself. I love this guy so much.

"Both?" I questioned. Sherlock let out a soft chuckle. We both sat inside of the cab, holding hands. I can't believe that I'm going to be married to the Sherlock Holmes. The man who didn't talk to me for three months. The man I accidentally kissed. The man who gave me a job, that caused me to get shot twice. And kidnapped. The man that wanted to take my mother's murder case without me. The man I left for a year.

But we've had more good times than bad. I love this man.

"Beth," Sherlock started. He looked straight into my eyes as if he was going to tell me 'nevermind. I don't love you'. I started freaking out, mentally, of course. "I'm so glad you said yes." I went to laugh, but Sherlock pushed me against the car door, crashing his lips onto mine. His hand traveled to my short orange hair and he gently played with it. I chukled into the kiss.

It felt amazing to kiss Sherlock again. I missed him so much over my trip. But hopefully, I won't ever have to miss him again.