Sirius Black - Life Experience

Warnings: noneWord count: 1

Warnings: none
Word count: 1.2k

"Come on Sirius, our project would be done twice as fast if you were helping for a minute", you growled and shook his upper arm when he looked outside the library-window again, instead of working on the group project.

McGonagall, who had chosen each pair herself, wanted every group to write an essay about different topics regarding Transfiguration. Yours was the Piscifors spell. You were excited to work with Sirius, but only until you were half an hour in and he hadn't contributed a single line to your essay.

"I know and I'm sorry, but this stuff is just too boring to concentrate over for more than ten seconds", he said before dipping his quill into the inkwell for the sixth time, without writing anything down.

Madame Pince walked by and shushed you from afar, so you ducked your head down and went on whispering: "How come your grades are always so good, when you're never studying?"

"Life experience", he said and wiggled his brows.

"Wow", you sighed and turned a page from the Transfiguration book. "Life experience is your secret?"

"Of course. No wonder you don't know anything about that."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm joking. But you never get experience if you follow the rules all the time", he said and pushed his elbow gently to your arm.

You shook your head and exhaled sharply. "I don't think that's how experience works. And what do you know about me following the rules?"

"I see you studying a lot. And you always follow teachers' advice. That's why they trust you", he said and laid his head down onto his crossed arms, facing your way.

"Are you watching me?", you asked and felt your cheeks getting warm.

"Sometimes", he said grinning. "You're the shy kind. I can tell."

"Stalker", you replied and smiled, looking down into your book. "Can we just-"

"You have to come out of your shell sometimes", he interrupted you as he sat up again. "Loosen up a bit, you know."

You sighed. "And what do you propose I should do?"

"Break the rules", he said, a mischievous smirk on his lips. "I'll show you something tonight. After curfew."

"What?", you gasped. "What's there that you can't show me before curfew?"

"The stars", he whispered. "We're going to see the stars tonight. If you're in, we'll finish this sappy little project together right now."

"Extortionist", you mumbled.

"Come on Y/N, it's going to be fun. Are you in?", he asked and offered his hand.

"Okay fine", you said, took his hand and shook it.

Three minutes past eleven and he still wasn't here. You were terrified, already thinking of all the scenarios where someone could catch you outside your common room after bedtime. He promised to pick you up right in front of it, but every second that passed, seemed to only get you more insecure.

When Sirius finally showed up, you weren't sure if you were relieved to see him, or frustrated because you couldn't back out anymore.

"Sorry I'm late", he said and tried to calm his breath from rushing. "I had to snitch some equipment from James."

"Equipment?"

"Relax. Just so I can make sure you won't get caught", he told you before he grabbed your hand. "Come on now, will you?"

You walked along the corridors quickly, suddenly feeling excited now that he was here. His presence calmed you down as much as it made you jittery, holding onto his hand, as you started running towards the exit leading to the estates.

You were only meters away from the door, when you heard footsteps coming your way. It made your body freeze in shock, unable to move, until Sirius pulled you back into a gap between two walls and threw some kind of fabric over the two of you.

Pressed against his body, face to face, still paralyzed and afraid, you saw two Ravenclaw prefects coming your way, patrolling on the corridors. Sirius noticed your widened eyes, brought his index finger up to his lips, showing you to stay silent. Your shallow breath quickened when they stopped right in front of where you stood and they even looked right at you, but didn't seem to notice anything. You felt Sirius' hand holding yours before you looked his way again and saw him watching them, until they finally went on and left.
He glanced back at you quickly before squeezing himself out of the gap, pulling you with him right after and the two of you rushed out of the door.

"Shit, Sirius. Never convince me to do something like this again. I think I'm having a heart attack", you pleaded in between breaths.

"It's normal for the first time. Wait til you get the hang of it", he said and kept on walking. "Come on now."

You followed him to the backside of the castle, where he sat down and leant his back against the stone wall, tapping the spot on the grass where he wanted you to sit.

"So this is what we're here for?", you asked as you let yourself down.

"Yep", he said and put his arms towards the sky. "Ta-da."

You looked up and saw the stars, glimmering and shining all over the black firmament. Each and every one seemed to greet you with a spark, as your gaze wandered from left to right, where you could spot the far end of the lake, calm and steady, reflecting every shining spot on its surface.

"Wow", you cooed and felt Sirius' arm wrapping around your shoulder.

"So, was it worth it?", he asked when he put his hand beneath your chin, to make you look at him.

"Yes", you breathed and watched his every move as he leant in even more.

His lips touched yours and you felt the adrenaline rushing through your veins, like minutes before when you almost got caught. His kiss was sweeter though, and soft like warm caramel, again calming and flustering at the same time. Your hand wandered up to his cheek, stroking the tip of your thumb over the smooth skin on the top, then feeling the stubble on his chin, until your lips parted and he placed one last peck on yours.

"This too", you said and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Hm?"

"Worth it I mean."

Sirius laughed and you kept on talking for a while, watching the stars as he drew circles with his fingers on your shoulder until you were too sleepy to respond.

A shaking motion on your arm woke you and you needed a moment to remember where you were.

"What happened?", you asked as you looked around.

"We fell asleep. It's dawning already. We need to hurry, Filch will be up in half an hour", he said and offered you his hand.

"How do you know that?"

"Life experience."