Sirius Black - A Walk through the Woods

Summary: Sirius gets on your nerves, as always, but wants to apologize by taking you for a walk through the woods, to surprise you with something special

Summary: Sirius gets on your nerves, as always, but wants to apologize by taking you for a walk through the woods, to surprise you with something special. Needless to say, there's trouble ahead.
Warnings: swearing, spooky forest moments
Word count: 3.3k

The campfire crackled loudly in front of you, as you roasted a marshmallow above it, sitting next to your classmates in the Forbidden Forest. With your wand in your hand, you turned your wrist for quite a while, the marshmallow following its every move, until it got dark brown, soft and - finally fitting its name - mellow.

You let it float towards you, licked your lips and opened your mouth, ready to finally taste the hot treat you had carefully prepared until suddenly a hand slammed into frame and swooped away your gooey dessert right before your eyes.

Your head snapped upwards, following the person's hand, that moved too fast for you to catch and you saw -

"Sirius! Merlin, stop acting like an arsehole for once, will you."

Sirius grinned as he stuffed the marshmallow into his mouth, regretting his choice immediately.

"Shit," he breathed and kept his mouth agape. "It's hot."

"Yeah, that's what happens when you roast things over a fire, you knob."

He fanned air towards his open mouth and nodded, laughing again.

That dimwit. You wanted to wish him second-degree burns but bit your tongue while he licked the sticky remnants off his fingers. That sly face of his deserved a hex or two for sure.

"You owe me, Black," you muttered as you turned your back on him.

"Oh, do I?" he asked. You could hear his stupid grin through the tone of his voice.

"You certainly do. You know what? You-"

A gentle hand on your shoulder distracted you for a moment.

"Hey," Matthew Wallace, the boy who sat next to you, said. "You can have one of mine if you want. I got plenty left. Here."

Matthew's marshmallows looked decent. Some were burnt on the edges and still too white on the other side. Certainly not as perfect as the one you had made before Sirius had stolen and devoured it whole.

"Thanks, Matt," you said, grabbed one and turned around again. "See that, Black? That's how a gentleman behaves."

Chuckling to yourself you looked back into the fire, nudged Matt with your elbow and completely missed the begrudging expression on Sirius' face.