Miss Me?

Scarlett's POV

Once everyone left, I decided to distract him so Selina could fulfill her plan.

"She seems nuts," I said keeping my voice low and stayed in the shadows. He snapped his head in my direction.

"The best of us are," he shrugged. "Reveal yourself"

"But, you didn't say please," I said in a pouting but taunting tone.

He rolled his eyes before pointing a gun in my direction. "I won't ask again."

"But, then you'll never find out who killed your beloved," I stated and that got his attention. He growled.

"You know nothing! Show yourself now!" He yelled in this deep almost demonic voice.

"That's where you're wrong... I know everything," I smirked before putting my hands up and slowly walked into view. I had a mask on so he couldn't see my face.

"But perhaps I'm wrong for coming here. I mean you've obviously moved on," I stated directing that towards the direction Ecco waltzed away in moments prior. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close, pointing the gun to my stomach.

"You. Know. Nothing," he clicked the safety off and I scoffed.

"I promise that's something you don't want to do," I stated.

"I promise you I do, but I'll bite. Why don't I want to?"

"Don't you want to find out what Ecco was hiding... puddin?"

He growled at that.

"No ones allowed to call me that except-" he yelled taking off my mask but froze once he saw who stood before him. He immediately dropped the gun.

"N-no," he stuttered and tried to touch my face to see if I was real, but I swatted it away and took a step back smirking.

"Oh y-yes," I mocked. "Miss me?"

"You we're dead! I lost you! How-"

"I faked it, duh!" I said with the roll of my eyes. I stretched my arms out and said, "ta-da!"

"But why, my love?" I could see how heartbroken he was, and I had to push the feeling to hold him away.

"Let's just say I have my reasons. Well, reason," I shrugged and unintentionally put my hand on my stomach, and Jeremiah noticed. He stomped towards me and pushed me against the wall, lifting my shirt a little.

My c-section scar.

He furrowed his eyebrows together before slowly putting the pieces together.

"You've been gone for a year," he stated more to himself. Suddenly, his hand was around my neck. "Whose is it?! You cheated on me! I'll kill him and make you watch and then you-"

I rolled my eyes and pulled his hand away. "Get your hands off me! And me? A cheater? You do realize I just witnessed you and Ecco dumbass"

"Whose. Is. It?" He gritted his teeth as he stalked towards me.

"I'm sorry I can't," I said lowly looking at the ground.

"Tell me!!" He roared before "Ecco" came up behind him.

"I love you so much," I whispered sadly with tears gliding down my cheeks as i pulled him too me and kissed him one last time. He kissed me back as Selina stabbed him. He pulled back and looked at me with heartbreak and pure sadness in his eyes.

"I love you, Scarlett," he choked out before falling to the ground as Bruce pulled Selina away.

He's gone...

I bent down beside him and stroked a hair out of his face. He was alive barely. I looked him in the eyes and kissed his cheek before whispering, "His name is Xander, and he has your eyes... Goodbye my love."
————-
Word count- 565