Tease

Scarlett's POV

I passed out shortly after. I really gotta stop doing that I mean you were experimented on for years you shouldn't be affected this much.

I woke up in what I'm assuming to be Jeremiah's guest bed, and realizing it was only 2 a.m. i groaned and decided to take this time to think.

Jeremiah is back. My first love, even though I convinced myself for years it was Jerome, was back and I'm not sure how to feel. I was trained to keep my emotions intact, but around him it's like the damn is open and everything comes flooding out.

I don't want to forgive him so easily, but the rest of my being begs me to. That I need to feel his love again in order to feel complete.

This is why I always reject my emotions. I don't NEED anyone and I certainly don't need to depend on anyone in order to feel complete. Did I love him? Yes, of course and a part of me will always love him but I just...

I just need time.

I get up from the bed to find a few clothes stacked on the dresser with a note.

'Ecco lended you some clothes. If you need anything let me know'

I quickly changed into a nightgown, wrapping myself in a silk robe before heading out into the hallway. After grabbing an apple from the kitchen, I notice a light on in Jeremiah's office. I hesitated to knock.

Do I want to see him again? Maybe I should just make a run for it.

"You can come in, Scarlett," he said from the otherside of the door. Huh, did I say that out loud?

As I walked in the room, I saw Jeremiah leaned over his desk that was scattered with papers. He looks like he hasn't slept in days.

"Why are you still up?" I asked gently as I made my way over to his side.

"Lots of work to do," he said. I sighed and gently grabbed his chin with my hand and making him face me.

"You need your sleep. Please, come to bed," I asked but we both know it was more of a concerning demand.

"I will let me just finish-"

"I want you," he snapped his head to look at me with wide eyes. His breathe slightly shaky. "Good, now that I have your attention, come to bed. You need your rest."

He visibly relaxed, but I could tell a physical part of him hasn't. He cleared his throat and looked away from me as well as to hide... something.

He said nothing. I sighed.

"Fine," I dropped my robe to the floor which made him freeze. "I am going to bed. In your bed actually, like we used to. But I think we both know that I have uh, grown since then." I slowly made my way to the door. "Are you coming?"

"I-I uh-" he was at a loss for words. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'll give you a minute to uh, settle down before meeting me in the bedroom. Have fun," i winked before skipping to his room.

I know exactly how to drive him crazy, but what I didn't count on was that he knew how to do the same to me. But that's a story that comes at a later time.

So much for needing time.
-----------
"Scarlett you can't just disappear like that!" Bruce scolded me when I returned to his mansion to grab a few things.

No, I wasn't staying at Jeremiah's for long I just... I don't have to explain myself to you. Moving on.

"I'm sorry Bruce I just got really distracted. I haven't seen my friend for a long time"

"Who was he again?"

"Xander," i smiles not wanting to give his real name. Bruce might lock me up. "You two are quite alike, you'd get along I bet."

The irony.

"I'm sure. When will you be back?"

"I'm a few days, I promise I'll check in this time. Any news on Jerome, by the way? Causing chaos in Arkham?"

"Yeah, penguin is his new toy. You weren't thinking of visiting were you?"

I rolled my eyes. "No. The man stabbed me."

"Good. Sorry I just.. want you to be safe. You're one of my best friends, Scarlett I can't lose you."

I gave him a weak smile and hugged him.

"I'll always be here, Bruce. My stubbornness to annoy you is quite high." We laughed and I left soon after.

Now, listen I know I said I wasn't going to Arkham but I couldn't help myself! The psycho who stabbed me is in chains I can't miss that.

So I may or may not have taken a detour and stood outside Arkhams gate right now.

"Who are you here to see?"

"Jerome Valeska," I stated and she looked at me as if I were insane.

"You sure?" She asked. Awe, what a sweetheart. I scoffed.

"Yes, now please escort me to his cell."

"We'll have him in the meeting room in a few minutes, miss."

After a few minutes passed, I stood outside the meeting room door. Turning to the guards on either side, I said "give me a few minutes with him. Alone."

"But miss, he's quite dangerous-"I flashed my yellow eyes at him.

"So am I," they stepped back. "Stand outside the door if you'd like."

With that, I strolled in.

"Well, well I never thought I'd see you back here... willingly," Jerome smirked and I clenched my fists. "What brings you here doll face?"

"You stabbed me," I gritted and he raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

"You angered me."

"Why?"

"Why?" He asked as if it were a joke and pulled on the chains slightly. I didn't even flinch. "Because, dollface, you lied to me. I loved you-"

"I loved you to-"

"NO!" He screamed and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "No. You didn't. You loved my twin. You said I was your first kiss, but clearly I wasn't. Clearly, all that you said about loving me was a lie. Damn, you're just like my whore of a mother. A lying, cheating, whoring-"

Alright, that's it. I lunges at him from across the table and tackled him to the floor. I pulled him up, pushing him against the wall and punched him in the face.

"Listen here, asshole," I gritted. "Say what you want about me but I was not a liar when It came to love. I loved you, you idiot!" I screamed and punched him again. Blood ran from his nose and he laughed. My blood was boiling. "I loved both of you, but you were too selfish and insane that you took him from me too. So please, save your pity party for someone who cares" I spat at him before walking towards the door.

"Scarlett what did he say to you?!" He yelled after me. I didn't answer. "Don't throw away our love because of the lies he told. He took everything from me... don't let him take you too."

I froze as I stood in the doorway. Tears threaten to fall.

"You did that yourself," I muttered before closing the door behind me. He banged on it and screamed for me.

I turned to the guards.

"I'd wait a few minutes for him to calm down. He's pretty beat up too"
—————-