"What you need my help for?" She questioned with a slight attitude.

"I can't tell you 'dat over da' phone." He said. "Can I see you?"

"No you can't see me,"

"Why not?"

"Cause I..." She paused, hesitating to tell him about August. "Cause I'm with someone else now and he's over here,"

Jarod was silent for a second, before letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Fuck!" He hollered angrily through the phone.

Ariel rolled her eyes shaking her head, as she waited for him to calm down.

"Look mayne', I don't give a fuck who you got over there, aight." He replied bluntly. "Can you just come outside, please,"

"Wait your downstairs?"

"Yeah I was already on my way over when I was callin' you. Look I need to talk to you,"

She sucked her teeth sighing in annoyance, "Yeah I need to talk to you too, stay out front I'll be right down."

Without waiting for a response, Ariel hung up the phone and went back inside of her apartment. She quietly peeked inside her bedroom checking to see if August was still sleeping, and he was.

She went into the bathroom and handled her daily hygiene. After she was finished, she quickly threw on a plain fitted wife-beater, along with a pair of black leggings, and a oversized black pullover. Sliding her black Ugg boots on and pulling her hood over her head, Ariel then left the apartment.

She took the elevator down to the first floor of the lobby then exited the building. She stepped out on to her stoop and instantly got caught in the rain, as she clinged to the hood of her pullover for more coverage.

Ariel glanced around for Jarod's car but it was nowhere in sight. Just when she was about to get upset, an all black Tahoe with tinted windows pulled up in front of her building.

She squinted her eyes, trying to make out who the unknown driver was behind the dark glass. The passenger seat window rolled down revealing the driver's face, it was Jarod.

"Get in," he instructed.

Ariel hastily made her way to the truck and hopped inside, Jarod then pulled away from the curb merging into traffic.

"I thought I told you to wait out front," she stated with an attitude removing her wet hood from her head. "Now I'm fucking soaked,"

"I did wait, but I had to circle back around tho'." He simply told her. "My fault about 'dat,"

"What da' hell is going on with you Jarod?" She asked harshly, getting straight to the point. "Your blowing up my phone at 7 in da' morning, showing up unannounced and shit,"

"I know. I just, I just really needed to see you," He stated sincerely.

She scuffed shaking her head, "You know I don't have time for 'dis. I have a boyfriend and I need to get back before he wakes up. And you have a wife and clearly serious issues,"

"I don't have no fuckin' issues," He replied defensively.

"So what's your fucking excuse 'den?" She asked raising her voice. "Cause after everything 'dat happened between us, we're so beyond fucking over 'dat we need a new word for over--"

"--Can you just give me a min' to talk? Damn," He snapped irritatingly.

Ariel's cell phone rang. It was August calling her. She knew that he had noticed her disappearance and was calling to see where she had went.