four

A/N: so i realized i published chapter three a tad bit early. i fixed up the end so i would probably go back and read the last little bit. really sorry about that. i really need to start editing these too. i read them through for the first time today and there are so many mistakes. it's bad lmfao. anyways thanks for the 190+ reads. i didn't expect this book to get any reads tbh. but it mans a lot, thank you.

alaric and i start our way down the street, me being a couple steps behind him. after about a minute or so he realized that my legs cant compete with his giraffe looking legs, so he slows down. i slowed down also. if im being real here then i dont want to be in front of him. dont trust hot people. he would probably stick a syringe in my neck and kidnap me. that wouldn't end well.

he eventually slows to a stop. i stop too. he turns around to stare at me, "what are you doing?"

i stare back at him, playing clueless. "what do you mean?"

"walk next to me. its awkward having you lack behind me," he chuckles. my cheeks heat up and i look down. i flip my hood up and start walking.

"y-youre the one 'lacking' now." i hear him let out a playful scoff and start walking next to me. "are we heading back to jen's?"

"nah, theres a better place down the street," his soothing voice attacked my ears. god why cant alex have that voice. alaric's voice is pretty much perfection.

we keep walking with me being clueless. i kind of take offence since jen's cafe is the best cafe as i like to say. i havent been to any other cafe in a while. "are you from around here?" alaric says simply.

"im originally from california but ive lived here for about four years," i stare at him for a bit. eye contact is key to communication.... right? "what about you?"

he turns to look at me too, but right as he looks over i trip over a rock in the sidewalk. "fuck are you okay?" he mumbles and crouches next to me. it ripped my joggers... these are my favorite pair of pants too. sad day. blood starts to come from my knee. it doesnt hurt or anything, and there is barely any blood.

"yeah, im fine," i smile to let him know that it really is okay. he looks at me worriedly after helping me up. he examines my knee a little before he takes a handkerchief out of his pocket for me to wipe off my knee. i took it after mumbling a small thanks. i felt bad rubbing crumbs of dirt and blood on it. i'll make it up to him.

"the coffee house isnt far from here. we could clean your knee up there," he says with a really concerned voice. god hes hot. wait no... hes not. i have a boyfriend. we start our way down the street again. it kind of nice having someone who actually cares. alex would just get mad at me for falling, saying that i should have watched my step. speaking of alex, he told me to stay at his apartment. oh no. what if he gets back before i do?

my heartbeat increases with fear. should i tell alaric? ugh, he's been so nice though. he's taking me out for coffee and he is so concerned about my knee. its still so foreign, having someone care for me. god. i mean alex cares. im dumb for thinking that he didnt for even just a second. if he didnt care he wouldnt be teaching me what to do and not to do.

as i was surrounded by my own thoughts he peeped up. "we're here," he reaches out for my arm to stop me from walking so we can enter. i flinch. i look towards him but he only looks worried. some part of me was expecting to see a very angry alex. i kind of just stand there, a bit frozen. that was a little awkward. without saying anything he just points at the door for the coffee house.

i widen my eyes after realizing how stupid i looked for just standing here. "oh, uh, y-yeah. sorry," i mumble and start to walk towards the door. as soon as i reach out to open the door his hand shoots out and opens it for me. chivalry isnt dead i guess. "thanks," i practically whisper before heading inside.

the coffee house was a soothing auburn color with dark brown furniture. the smell of coffee and sweets filled my nose. this is great. it wasnt that busy so it was kind of quiet. there was a small book store in the corner of the building. several teenagers were over there studying or something. this overall is a really soothing place to be. the only thing i found a bit weird is the workers. their uniform was really formal, the guys would wear these fancy tuxedos and the girls would wear these feminine tuxedos...? doesnt matter, they just looked really overdressed for a coffee place.

"ah mr. davis, nice of you to come stop by. is there an issue with anything?" one of the workers say while cleaning a table off. did he know him personally? yet theyre on last name basis. im lost.

alaric shakes his head, "no i just stopped by for a drink with my new friend here." he swings his arm around my neck which takes me by surprise. i feel my face heat up and a look down. idiot.

"of course," he smiles, "do you want to go to the vip lounge?" he says while smiling at me. vip lounge? i didnt know coffee houses could be so fancy. alaric looks over towards me as if hes asking what i wanted. i just stare cluelessly.

i open my mouth to reply but he just smirks and speaks before i can say anything, "yes that would be nice, thank you." i become even more flustered. this has to be super expensive, i cant let him do that.

"out here is fine alaric. the lounge probably costs a lot to get into," i tug on his sleeve as he starts to walk towards where i assume the vip lounge is.

he stops and stares back at me with his gray eyes. "damn, you should say my name more often. and its okay. i own the place," he says simply like its nothing.

"y-you what?"

"this is nothing actually. i own a lot of places, this is just an on the side thing. dont think too much about it." he continues walking. "come on."

i hurry after him. this took a turn. we make our way to a staircase and head up. on the staircase there was a sign saying that if we go downstairs it leads to a bar and upstairs leads to the lounge. why the heck does a coffee place need a bar? this has everything doesnt it.

the whole vibe changed once we reached the top of the stairs. it was like we weren't even in the same building. i stand there in awe.

alaric's hand grabbed mine which made me jump back to reality. he then dragged me all the way across the room to a booth by the window. my face heated up once again as he continued holding my hand until we sat down.

"so tell me more about you," alaric said while gazing into my eyes like i was his prey.

A/N: ah i'm so sorry. i know it's been a long while since i updated. i don't remember much of the story tbh so i'm sorry if there's a lot of mistakes. i'm not really happy with where the story is going and how it's turning out. i kinda wanna just delete all of this and make a new book. idk. just lemme know.