"Tee and I would never leave each others sides. We were round eachother houses every day, our moms were best friends, it was all perfect... then.." Mike stopped, deciding that he shouldn't continue the story.

"Then what?" Tee asked, not stuttering as she became interested. Mike in response just shook his head, he couldn't tell her about her mom and dad, not now anyway, "Mike."

"I can't," Mike says to her, putting a hand on her shoulder, "maybe in the future, but not right now."

"B-but, it's ab-about me. I should k-know," She says to him with a scowl. He just shakes his head in response. She huffs and makes her body contain static electricity, sending Mike a small shock so he'll let go of her arm.

"Ouch!" Mike says out loud, Tee glares at him for a moment before running to catch up with Lucas and Dustin. Mike sighs, he was doing it to protect her, and now she was angry with him.

"Mike," El says quietly, she doesn't get a response, "Mike?" Still no response from the boy next to her, "Mike!"

"What?" He snaps, looking over at the girl. She looks at him scared for a moment, before continuing.

"Turn back." She says to him.

"What? Why?" Mike asks her, looking up ahead to see Dustin showing Tee how the compass worked, Lucas laughing at her as she span in a circle with it.

"I'm tired," El says to him, making up some excuse - the real reason was she knew the dangers, and didn't want them to get hurt.

Mike sighs, looking from Tee, Dustin and Lucas to El, "Look, I'm sure we're almost there. Just hold on a little longer, okay?"

El just sighs, looking back at the ground.

-

"Oh, no."

""Oh, no"? What's, "Oh, no"?" Lucas asks Dustin. All five of the kids stopping. They'd been walking for about an hour, Tee still hadn't talked to Mike, even though she knew his eyes were on her most of the time. Dustin had let he lead the way for a little bit - or made he think she was at least. But now, as they stood in the middle of a junkyard, Dustin had realised something huge.

"We're headed back home," Dustin says to them, looking up from his compass and over at Lucas.

"What?" Lucas asked, confused.

"Are y-you sure?" Tee asks taking his compass to look for herself - seeming herself an expert after using it for an hour.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Dustin says to them, "Setting sun, right there." He says, pointing behind El, who Tee noticed was acting a little weirder than usual, "We looped right back around."

"And you're just realizing this now?" Lucas asked, his temper growing, and rightfully so.

"Why is this all on me?" Dustin asked him, his voice raising too.

"Because you're the compass genius!" Lucas snaps at him, Tee furrows her brows.

"T-then What d-do yours say?" Tee asks them both.