chapter 10 (final)

John coughed , gaining his conscious back, he blinked in surprise , he was alive but how?

Something brushed against his leg he jumped and stared at the creature he thought he lost, pulling him to his arms, he chuckled , "thank you Billy , " the dog barked in return.

Tears rolled down John's face, "he isn't coming back is he?" He chocked , he wiped his eyes and stood carefully , his clothes were drenched and covered sand and he was shaking , "let's go home," he said defeated .

______________________

At the cabin he was staring at Avalon's pool hollow, the only proof that meeting Avalon wasn't a dream, something glistened inside the water, he walked and crouched next to the pool, he reached and picked it, it was a scale from Avalon's tail .

John closed his eyes and pictured Avalon's beautiful face smiling at him.

"I love you..." he whispered .

"I love you..." John whispered to the air.

He returned to sit on the chair and turned the radio on, not really listening to the news that were playing .

He remembered his father and the words that he said to young John , John realized that he mistook them , his father didn't say that what the sea gives you take , his father said that what the sea gives ,the sea takes...

And his father was right .

The voice of the female news reporter broke his thoughts ,

"... people are still recovering from the tsunami..."