Chapter 13

Taylor POV

Gale left to go get Teddy ready while Ana and I are still in her office. I feel for her, she is scared and her baby is being threatened, if someone did that to Sophie I don't know what I would do. Probably similar to what Ana has done, but I know the boss, and if he found out Ana was suffering like this, he would kill the bastard, more like have me do it and I would with a song in my heart. The boss and her may be divorced but she is still like family. I hated not being able to tell her about that submissive, boss was adamant she not know. It hurt to watch her question herself and if she was imagining things. So I take this even more personally, I feel like it was partly my fault.

I sigh "You should have told me, when this first happened. It wouldn't have gone further". She sighs "That time he beat me so bad, I almost ended up in the hospital. My security doesn't know, he does it behind closed doors". I look around and notice her surveillance system "It's a shame you don't have this set up in your bedroom then". She looks at me and gasps "I do, on record, it goes to a cloud storage". I look at her "Did you forget it was there"? She looks sheepish "I did, with Christian is was just there in the background, like an ugly painting. Sawyer set everything up, but I don't remember how to access the video storage". I chuckle "I have Sawyer. He will remember and help us out when we get to Seattle".

She looks at me like a lost puppy "What happens when he finds out about Teddy? Will he try and take him from me"? I shake my head "More than likely he will want to give the relationship another try but if not successful, he'd want to be apart of his life. He has changed Ana. He regretted the divorce almost instantly but he is damn stubborn and prideful. I can say he did the Dom thing because his work was going bad, and he just needed control over something. I advised him to talk to you or Flynn. But you know how he can be". She nods "I understand that, but it hurt he chose her over me, he chose his predilection over me in a heart beat. He didn't even think, it was instantaneous. I was willing to fight, but there is no point if I am fighting alone. He said at the wedding he was going to win me back. Do you think he was serious about that or was he fucking with me"? I chuckle "He was very serious. He was pissed when you didn't show up that next morning. He had Welch look for you and found you flew out on a red eye". She nods "Yeah he left the room then came back questioning me about my money and how was I protecting myself since he wouldn't sign a prenup. I refused to answer so we left and he punished me when we got back here". I shake my head "It is taking everything in me not to go fucking kill him. You are limping still which means he got you good. You don't do this to a pregnant woman". "I think he has something against Christian, I think this is about leverage or revenge. I'm not sure but whenever he is mentioned he gets this look in his eyes and it's frightening". I get up because I hear Gale outside and help Ana up. "Leave your cell here in your desk. You can get a burner along the way, do you have cash stashed in your house"? She nods and moves a picture and a safe is revealed. She enters her code and grabs stack's of cash. "I have near $100,000 here just in case". I nod and she grabs every stack and I place it in my briefcase. "I'll hold it as a precaution". She nods and goes to get her purse. I go to get the child seat from her car and place it in my rental and await them coming out.

Ana POV

Taylor took the money and secured it in his case. I trust him implicitly, as I go to get my purse. I locked my phone, after turning it off, in my desk and go to get ready to leave. The only thing I take from the room, is my engagement ring and wedding band from Christian. I leave the one forced on me by Marcus, knowing he would bully his way in eventually. I place them on my chain around my neck, get my keys and purse and calmly walk down the stairs. Mrs Johnston enters the living room as I reach the landing "Mrs Johnston Teddy and myself will be accompanying my friends to their hotel for dinner. I will be back later tonight. If Mr Matthews tries to come in, inform him I will contact him tomorrow afternoon". She nods "Will you be taking a guard then"? I shake my head "My friend is former military, I trust him to protect me". She nods and goes to finish her business. I feel bad lying to her, but what else can I do? I leave the house and see Taylor at their SUV with Teddy already inside and Gale in the back with him. I go to the car, take a quick look back at my home, and get into the car, not knowing if I'll ever come back to it. We start the beginning of a very long trip to Seattle. For once I can breathe a sign of relief and knowing I am actually safe.

Marcus POV

Since we got back, Ana hasn't allowed me back to the house. I will admit I hurt her badly. But she needed to know I won't tolerate the way she spoke to me. Rebecca has been very entertaining, I still contact Ana, trying to get control again. But to no avail. Rebecca has asked me to let this go, to be with her. I am tempted, very much so, especially when she is willing to do whatever I ask of her. But then I read a story about Christian Grey and it renews my desire to take him down. Though after our conversation in Seattle, I doubt Ana will be that way in. I started with having a few employees try and sell secrets to competition hut that didn't work, he fixed the issues and fired all those involved. That must have been when he began cheating on her, so maybe I hurt him more than I originally thought.

I tried calling her and she has her phone off. She has restricted my access to Steele Form, not that I want to be there, but it's a control thing. Eventually it will be in my hands again, not that I am looking forward to that. Books are the most boring thing I could ever think of. So I will give her one more day then I will force the issue. She may need some more education on how she is supposed to act or maybe Teddy needs to be the one punished. Maybe that will get it through her thick head. I sigh thinking of tomorrow and how I will get everything back how I had it.

Ana POV

The drive to Chicago was relatively quick, the entire time I was looking over my shoulder. As we get to the AMTRAK I get nervous and Taylor notices. "No one has followed us nor has any one been watching us. Ms Bradford made sure to hire a private detective's to watch him, he is with a former employee a Rebecca Caldwell". I nod at that "He spends a lot of time with her". He nods and we exit the car. Someone comes for the car and Taylor has the child seat and Gale has my Teddy and diaper bag. I go to her "I can carry him". She shakes her head "Your pregnant, you don't need the added strain. He's not that heavy and if he get to be too much that is what Taylor is for". He chuckles and we go inside. We head into the station and head for departures and see Lexi waiting for us. She walks over to me and smacks my arm "Don't ever hide anything from me again. Anastasia Steele you need to come and ask for help, not suffer in silence. I love you you dork, don't do this to me go again". I nod and hug her, Taylor clear his throat "We need to board. This can be done in the private cabin". She nods and we go to the train. She takes the tickets and shows the identification she has and we get on, shown to a private handicapped cabin, since I was pregnant, I would need to facilities more and it was a private one. I can tell Lexi really wants to talk to me about what has been going on, but hasn't since Teddy was there. He is starting to repeat things and this is not something I want in his vocabulary. The trip takes almost 2 days and at every stop I fear Marcus coming on to the train and pulling us off. I haven't left the cabin, Taylor has gotten all the food and such and Gale has gotten souvenirs for Teddy with Lexi every stop me make. Pictures of him and the surroundings to make the trip seem like a pleasure trip instead of a rush trip.

We made it to Seattle with no fuss, no muss. Marcus didn't jump out of the ether and take us back to Detroit and we into Lexi's SUV and drive to Bellevue. I am extremely nervous about showing up after isolating myself and ignoring others who could have helped me. Lexi still is waiting to talk to me, but is having to wait until its a more appropriate time. We reach The Grey's home and I begin to shake. Taylor who is driving, notices my nerves and grabs my hand, causing me to look at him. He squeezes it and gives me a slight smile and it helps calm me down. Taylor states "Mia went traveling after the wedding, she is in Italy and obviously Kate and Elliot are on their honeymoon. Christian doesn't come out here very often, more over Grace and Carrick go to Escala to see him. Its too hard for him, coming here and being in this house". I look at him strangely "How could that be? He grew up here". Taylor sighs "You married him here, and he remembers all of that every time he comes here. It tortures him, I am surprised he was there for the wedding. He left just after you did. He had a meeting, but he couldn't be there too long". I nod as we pull up outside. Grace comes out and welcomes me to her home and takes me and Teddy to their guest house. They have everything set up and she leaves to let me refresh from the trip. Lex has stuck around and Gale put Teddy down for a nap. Before Gale leaves she asks "Ana would you like me to get some clothing for you and Teddy at the store? I would just need to know sizes". I nod "I am in maternity large, Teddy is 2T - 3T shoe size is a 7w. I would appreciate that so much". She nods "There is a safe here, with a key, Taylor locked up your money inside and placed the key in the middle part of the desk. Also a burner phone is there with mine, Taylors, Lexi, The Greys and Christians numbers programmed inside". I nod and give her a hug as she goes to set me and my son up for a stay. Lexi clears her throat and states "Ana we need to talk" as I inwardly groan knowing this conversation was inevitable, not knowing how to handle it or what to say.