Episode 16- Sometimes it Snows in April

Sometimes it Snows in April

It was the Tuesday, before Thanksgiving-not all was joyous. First, finals were hell...I barely passed with A's by the skin of my teeth...it was obvious, that all these events going on behind the scenes, were affecting me, massively. I had to do better next semester, or no Dean's List...I wanted to make that list, and be offered more scholarships, thus freeing up some money for myself...I had to do laundry, as well as dishes...I could put the dishes in the dishwasher, but the laundry-I would take to Mom's...she will complain, but she'll help me do it, because she loves my company. 

Second-we lost to Ohio State...I had to look at Gerry's face as they returned from Ohio. He was pissed...it was already enough, they had lost to Iowa and Northwestern during the season...but now with the loss to Ohio State, they were out of the possible running for any BCS games. One of the other players said Gerry had busted up his helmet in the locker room after the loss...I had watched the game on DVR after I got off work Saturday at the grocery store...Gerry was being double covered on a lot of his plays...it was like the QB had nowhere to throw....to make a summary of it- Ohio State owned us

Third-I hadn't heard from Mitzuko all last week. I called Paio...she would tell me that Mitzuko is either studying, at the library, or out...but the bright side of that is, I hadn't heard any bad news either-no stories of her being out getting slizz'd, no stories of her going back down to the tagyard, no stories of her screwing up in class. But it had been a week, since Taryn and I called it quits, and I wanted to see where Mitzuko and I were. I also remember myself being a drunken fool, and screaming at Mitzuko...I wanted to apologize for my actions as well as put an end to all of this- I wanted her back. Like I said, some time ago- no matter how much I wanted to-I could never, close the chapter, on Mitzuko Hitaruki. 

But as a last promise, and gesture of friendship, I was going with Taryn to the airport. It was snowing once again...it had been snowing since Saturday night, when the team had returned from Columbus, Ohio. Classes were closed...it was a good thing that we had finals last week...I put the dishes into the washer, and poured the dishwasher liquid...I closed the lid on the liquid fill area, and closed the dishwater door, locking it. I turned on the dishwasher...I made sure all my laundry was together...it was 10:30 AM...Taryn was supposed to catch the 1 PM fight out of St Paul for Columbia Regional, in Missouri, with a quick layover in Des Moines. We needed to get there before the snow started getting worse. I started putting on my skully and my scarf, when my Blackberry rang...it was Taryn, waiting outside. I put on my Rangeley reversible jacket from L.L. Bean, and zipped it, heading down the stairs. I stepped out, locking my door, and then walked to Taryn, waiting in the car. I got inside...we gave each other a friendly hug. She started on her way. "You ready to see your fam again?" 

"I think so," she said. "I've been away for so long...I miss my mom's cookin...just can't eat too much of it though,"-I rolled my eyes, laughing. "I def feel you on that one...I'd have to get up and run my ass off for two hours then," 

We laughed. Taryn focused on the road, and drove rather slowly. "What about you? Your sister is coming home...you ready to see your fam again?" 

"Haaaa...your family is tame, in comparison to mine. My mom and Dad still love each other, but won't admit it, my sis maybe in need of some self esteem help, and I'm not exactly the epicenter of the universe," I said. Taryn laughed. "You don't give yourself enough credit...you're doing the best that you can," 

"Yeah...sometimes my best is a total disaster," I said. "How did you do on exams?" 

"Surprisingly-I did well...but I need to do better than that if I'm gonna get on the Dean's List," Taryn said. "Thanks for the help, studyin for the exams,"