Episode 9- The Dinner

The Dinner

Wednesday.  

The day of the dinner at Moms. I had called Paio, to see how Mitzuko was. She told me that Tuesday, Mitzuko had finally got up and left the apartment...she also said Mitzuko didn't come home Tuesday night. I was worried...what is this girl getting herself into? But I couldn't worry too hard...Taryn would instantly read it on my face. But how am I supposed to feel? I only had one class today, and I was sitting in it, barely focusing. Where could Mitzuko have gone?  

Class was finally over. I called Mitzuko's mom, to see if she had went home...  

"No Hayden, I hadn't seen her...I thought she possibly could've gone to Keiko's," she said. I let out a heavy sigh...I did NOT want to go to Whittier to find Mitzuko. The way things ended with Mitzuko, Keiko, and I was ugly as fuck. When I talked to Mitzuko the other night, she said Keiko was still angry with her. But I can't ignore asking Keiko, because I don't want to open up old wounds. So I hopped on the bus, then, boarded the light rail to downtown Minneapolis. I then took the bus to Keiko's, in Whittier. I walked to the garage which her uncle owned, and also, where she worked...when she wasn't going to school for automotive classes and photography. I paused...  

There she was-under the hood of a Honda Civic, with her mechanic suit on. The radio on the shelf was blastin some Obie Trice track. Her hair had gotten longer, but it was still bleach blonde, and wrapped in a bandana. She caught sight of me when she rose from fixing on the car. Her grip tightened on the wrench she held in her hand. Keiko still was as beautiful as when I had last seen her in high school. She also was still as angry as when she was in high school. She walked toward me in a furious frenzy. I put my hands up. "I didn't wanna upset you I'm sorry I just came here to find Mitzuko,"  

"Why are you here? Didn't Juneau make it clear, that if we ever saw you around here, that we would put a bullet in your brain?!" she growled. I lowered my guard. "I know we hurt you, Keiko...I'm sorry. I took advantage of your feelings. I didn't come here to cause trouble...Mitzuko has been...steadily falling, since this whole incident. I just want to find her...I will never bother you again if you could please tell me where she is,"  

Keiko's lips were poking out, as she was trying to fight back her tears. "Fuck you, Hayden...you just don't know...what I had to go to. Fighting all these feelings...and feel like I'd been used. I had to kiss Juneau's ass real bad after that shit,"  

"Go ahead. Bust my fucking skull with the wrench. I don't know how to pay you for what I've done to you. I been feeling really bad about a lot of things, lately," I said. At this point I was feeling really fucked up. I'll admit- I had done some fucked up stuff to females (not violent or abusive), and didn't lose a night of sleep. But I didn't mean to hurt Keiko...  

Keiko reared back with the wrench and swung. I didn't even flinch. If she takes a chunk out my head and my brain oozes all over the pavement, then I deserve every bit of it, for what I did to her...  

But she stopped, short of bashin my shit in. I still didn't flinch. Keiko could see the sincerity of hurt in my eyes. She walked away and put the wrench down. Keiko picked up a cigarette, and lit it...she took a drag, then blowed smoke out. "In fact Mitzuko did come by here yesterday...just like you are here now. She was begging for forgiveness. I told her to go fuck herself"- my eyes enlargened at the revelation of Keiko's sentiment towards her once best friend, and lover. "You know, you two are two fucking peas in a pod, y'know? Just don't give a fuck who you hurt...as long as you get what you want,"  

"How can you even say that? I really feel fucked up for what I've done...to you, to Mitzuko. I don't wanna hurt anyone anymore...but the truth is..."