How to run from a police agency in a animal metropolis

During a storm the pilot has to take a risky maneuver to dodge the storm in a large cargo plane. After that it was black until he herd what sounded like people yelling and screaming like it's the end of the world. "Well this is great" he thought as he felt like he was going to die. However he gathered the strength to open his eyes and saw something that made him question his sanity. Anthropomorphic animals wearing clothes. All looking at him. "What the fuck, am i dead?" he thought to himself as he herd sirens and saw blue lights. He saw that he was in a park near some trees. His fight or flight instinct kicked in and chose to run. He grabbed two items randomly off the ground that had fallen with him but the plane was nowhere in sight. A Vietnam era American helmet, and a military equipment backpack with some stuff in it. He bolted as animals were yelling and shouting. He put the helmet on his head while booting through a maze of back ally's and dumpsters. He realized that every major city has slums, and that would make a perfect hideout. He had to cross a street to continue to what he thought would be the out skirts of the city when he bumped into a police cruiser with two animals in it. Once they saw him they drew tasers and told the man to put his hands up. When he told them this he was amazed to know that they spoke perfect English. Instead of complying he chose to bolt into a tall building which purpose he would soon discover seconds later.