chapter 2: sing with me

I slid my fingers acrossed the strings making the first notes of the song. Niall and I began singing Liam's solo.

"Shut the door, turn the light off, I wanna be with you, I wanna feel your love." We sounded real good together, I couldnt help but smile. He was smiling to when i looked up at him. We continied with Liams solo.

"If we could only turn back time" i heard myself alone singing. I looked up panicing. Niall was smiling, the blonde tricked me.

I rolled my eyes as we sung the chorus together.

"You know i'll be, your life, your voice, your reason to be, my love, my heart is breathing for this moment in time, i'll find the words to say before you leave me today."

I smiled as Niall started his solo alone. He rolled his eyes and smiled. I smiled also.

"dont wanna be reminded, dont wanna be seen, dont wanna be without you, my judgments clouded like tonights sky." He sang so beautifully.

I was so mesmerized by his voice and was lost in those sparkling blue eyes that i didnt even notice that i was singing Louis solo by myself. Niall grinned at me when i came out of 'Niall world'.

"If we could only turn back time" Niall sang my brothers solo so perfectly it was beautiful. We sang the chorus together again. We actually sounded really good. When it came to Zayns solo i was alone one again untill the last sentance of lyrics that Zayn sang.

The song ended and we just smiled at each other, overwhelmed. I knew Niall was good and that i loved his voice but damn, that boy can really sing.

"Wow hale... Ok, you have gotton way better at singing since the last time i have heard you, i mean... Wow" he said with that accent i loved so much.

"You too, i mean damn, what happaned, when i last heard you i mean you were good but now, its just" i was searching for words as i spoke. He laughed anf nodded at me.

"Thanks, uhm what other songs did Layla show you" he asked changing the topic for some odd reason.

"Uhm, sad ones" i said giggling.

"Why only sad ones?" He asked clearly looking confused.

"I'm not sure, maybe because when i left, i was sad and that was pretty much the only thing i was into listing i guess" i said a little confused myself. He nodded.

"Ok, is there any other songs you know?" He asked running his fingers through his hair. I got butterflies. I actually wrote my own song when i was in the US but there is no way in hell that im going to tell Niall that.

"Uh, not really" i said pretending to be confused.but then i remembered.

"Oh! I almost forgot, my uncle taught me to play a drop in the ocean by Ron Pope" i said cheerfully, i regret what i had just said. Nialls face lit up like a kid walking into a candy store.

"Well dont just look at me, start playing!" He told me pointing to the guitar.

I gave the blue eyed blonde an uncertain look, what was the worst that could happan? I thought, i just shrugged and began playing the opening part of the song.

"A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, i was praying that you and me might end up together, its like wishing for rain as i stand in the desert, but im holding you closer than most, cause you are my heaven." I sang the begining of the beautiful song.

I looked up at Niall, he had this big, and cute smile on his face, and already i knew he was going to start singing the verse with me. I was right.

"I dont want to waste the weekend, if you dont love me pretend. A few more hours, then its time to go. As my train rolls down the east coast, i wonder how you keep warm. Its too late to cry, too broken to move on. But still i cant let you leave, most nights i hardly sleep. Dont take what you doing need, from me" we took turns singing different parts of the verse it was beautiful, the way he sang, the way he looked at me while singing.

We sang the chorus together. And he let me continue the first part of the next verse by myself.

"Misplaced trust and old friends, never counting regrets.by the grace of god, i do not rest at all." I sang and Niall finished the rest of the verse going solo.

"and New England as the leaves change, last excuse that i'll play. I was i boy who loved a woman like a little girl."

"But still i cant let you leave, most nights i hardly sleep, dont take what you dont need from me" we both sang as we smiled.

When the song ended we were both speechless, we just stared at each other with big smiles and burnt cheeks.Niall took a look around his room and chuckled moving his eyes too his lap.

"What?" I asked with a little chuckle myself, i feel my cheeks still burning.

"Nothing, i just... I dont know" he said looking up at me with a smile on his face. I returned on.

I started playing Ed Sheeran's Class A Team intro for fun, without even realizing it. Niall's face lit up so bright, i saw a little twinkle in his eyes. I played louder and more meaningfully as Niall and I smiled. He started singing and i was rocking myself slightly back and forth.

"White lips, pale face, breathing in snow flakes, burnt lungs, sour taste" he sang along with the rhythm of the song.

"Lights gone, days end, shtruggling to pay rent, long nights, strange men" he continued singing untill the song was over.

"Ni!! Oh my gosh, that was really good!" I shouted jumping up and down on my knees, making my brown curls bounce. He giggled.

"Thanks Hale" he told me with a smile. I smiled back

"And you lied!" He shouted suddenly, making me tense up so much, i jumped.

"About what?!" I shouted back, surprising the both of us.

"you told me you only knew 3 songs, and then you forgot about one other one and then you suddenly start playing another one?" He told me.

"Ok, i forgot about Ed because i practiced that one by ear and I've practiced so much its just a natural thing when i have a guitar in my lap, thank you very much!" I told him, he put his hands up in surrender, i giggled which made him giggle as well.

It was getting late, i spent at least two hours in his bedroom, learning and playing and singing and goofing around, but it was fun. I missed my blondie so much.