"Well, their daughter was a Muggle born. She started Hogwarts this year and the Father is a squib," Draco confessed. "So they weren't complete muggles. The amount of things they forced me to see." He groaned.

"Like what?" Hermione chuckled.

"Uhh, Shakespeare, Barbie dolls, The Eiffel Tower, TV, kitchens, phones, everything." He groaned. "Have you ever had to play Barbie dolls before?"

"Yes, it's a common Muggle toy, Draco." She chuckled again. "What's her name? I might have seen her at the Sorting."

"Ava-Scarlett Hudson, she has black hair, green eyes, a birthmark on the left side of her face, about this high?" He gestured to the bottom of his ribcage. "She's a Gryffindor."

"That cute little girl?" Hermione nodded. "I thought she was feisty."

"Oh, she was," Draco winced at a memory. "I told her I didn't want to play dolls for the third time that day and she nearly broke my knee."

"I love her already." Hermione giggled.

"Of course you do." Draco rolled his eyes.

They continued stacking shelves, chatting while doing it. Draco kept glancing at her, and he was mustering up the courage to say something to her, do something that might show her how he felt.

Hermione noticed that he kept looking at her. She wondered what he was thinking. What if he liked her back- Hermione, calm down and just get on with the shelving, She told herself.

Finally, Draco mustered up the courage to tell Hermione that he liked her, Draco-style.

While Hermione was on her tiptoes, trying to reach the highest shelf, Draco slid his arms around her waist. She froze, then placed the book on the table and turned around to face Draco.

"Draco?" She questioned uncertainly. He was quite close to her, and she felt herself blushing. "What, what are you doing?"

"I want to tell you something." He began. "I've wanted to tell you this all day. And I know, it's only been a week, but this isn't something I can just ignore. Hermione Granger," Draco looked her in the eyes. "I like you."

Hermione felt herself blush even harder. He liked her back? How was this happening so fast? What? Hermione couldn't believe her ears.

"And I understand if you don't feel the same way, considering how I treated you in the past, but I regret all that." Draco added quickly. "And if you don't want to talk to me again, I don't mind. I just wanted to tell you-"

"Just shut up and kiss me already." Hermione blurted out, her blush rising. She had not meant to say that out loud.

"As my lady commands." Draco smirked.

His lips met hers. It was like fireworks, sending tingles where their lips met. He kissed her, and Hermione kissed back. Their lips moved in sync, and the rest of the world melted away, it was just the two of them.

Draco smirked and bit her lip gently. It was obvious that he had way more experience than Hermione did, and she was more than happy to let him take the lead. She opened her mouth and let him slip his tongue into hers. She threw her arms around his neck as he pulled her waist closer to him. Without breaking the kiss, Draco picked her up and sat her gently down on the table.

Hermione was in heaven. Her body tingled wherever he touched her, and she felt the happiest she'd been all summer. She leaned into him, and was granted with more fireworks. She tightened her arms around his neck.

Draco was in a state of bliss. Everything that had happened so far that day had gone, and it was just him and Hermione. He could tell she had little to no experience, but he didn't mind. She'd soon learn. He too felt the fireworks, and he knew Hermione was. He felt her lean into him.

They eventually stopped for a breath, panting slightly.

"Would you, uh, like to be my girlfriend, or is this the wrong time?" Draco grinned.

"Yes!" Hermione cried happily. She hugged him happily.

Draco smirked again and brought her in for another kiss. They kissed for a few seconds before Hermione pulled away. "What about the books?"

Draco pulled his wand out of his trouser pocket and flicked it at the books. They all flew into the bookshelf. "There."

"Draco! That's cheating! We weren't supposed to use any magic!" Hermione gasped.

"They won't care. And besides, would you rather shelve books instead of this?" He asked her.

"Okay, maybe just this once I'll let it slide." Hermione gave in. She locked her lips onto his, and let him take over again.

They made out like that for a while. Draco bit Hermione's lip playfully, and she unintentionally let out a moan. Draco smirked, and started playing around, nipping at her lip gently every so often just to see Hermione squirm a little.

Hermione decided that if he was going to do that to her, who cares if it was their first kiss? Hermione smiled a little started to slowly trace a finger down his torso. Draco groaned a little, and grabbed Hermione's hand. He broke the kiss. "Stop that." He told her gently. 

"Why?" She pouted. "You started it."

"Yeah, but if you keep doing that I'll have a problem on our hands that won't be easily fixed. And you know what I'm talking about." Draco smirked. "And besides, I wonder if we're going a little fast for goody-two-shoes Hermione Granger. Don't want to start anything you'll regret later."

"Fine." She continued pouting. "Let's just go to dinner." She went to slide off the table, but Draco stopped her.

"We still have five minutes until dinner, you know," he smirked at her. "We don't need to stop just yet."

"Make it ten." Hermione murmured to him, kissing his lips softly. "For once, it won't hurt to be a little late."

*

A day had passed since detention, and Hermione and Draco didn't see eachother much after a dinner full of sly, teasing and knowing looks. Hermione went to a sleepover in Pansy's room with Luna and Ginny on Friday night, and Draco was, funnily enough, helping Harry run a duelling club. Like the DA, except it didn't have the threat of death by Voldemort or a Deatheater.

Hermione was standing in a hallway outside the tower, waiting for Ginny to finish getting ready. They were going to Hogsmeade for a shopping trip.

"Hello, Granger," Draco smirked at Hermione as he strolled leisurely down the corridor to meet her. "Who are you waiting for?"

"Ginny, what are you doing?" She smiled at him.

"I just came here to ask you something," Draco smirked, and leaned against the wall beside were Hermione was standing. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"What?" Hermione stuttered. "Why? It's not like we need to, we're engaged anyway."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we need to just skip straight to the wedding, does it? It just means we need to speed things up a bit." Draco explained calmly.

"Right, that makes sense." Hermione nodded. She'd never thought of it in that way. But people were staring at then as they walked past, and she started to get a little annoyed at him. He was leaning right over her, and making people stare. "Could you not lean like that?"

"Nope."

She rolled her eyes at him. Typical, annoying Malfoy.

"So you see, Granger," Draco smirked, and leant against the wall beside an annoyed Hermione. "If I'm stuck with you for the rest of my life, we might as well start officially dating."

She thought for a moment. "Alright, fine, give me the details." Hermione rolled her eyes to mask her excitement.

"Meet me here at seven pm, and wear something nice." He smiled at her, before walking away.

"Yes! Let's go dress shopping!" Ginny squealed, startling Hermione.

"How much of that did you hear?" Hermione jumped back.

"All of it, now let's go!" Ginny grabbed Hermione's arm and led her off to Hogsmeade.